• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My recovery website

Ian

I've posted a few times here over the years. Anyway, I guess I am one of the very few people to actually recover, ignoring those people that where wheel chair bound, did the lightening process than a week later they were running a marathon lol.

I've gone to a great deal of effort to chronicle this journey I've been on in an effort to help other people. The focus on my website is dentistry. I know there are other known causes for CFS, ie breast implants, organophosphates etc .. But the issue with dentistry is so many of procedures can cause such devastating harm. Even if these issues I've listed on my website aren't the main causes of your chronic fatigue, having these problems when you are sick is not going to do you any favours. I doubt there is a single sick person here without some kind of issue in their mouth, whether a root canal, infection around a wisdom tooth or cavitation etc.

Anyway, here is my website.

adreno

PR activist
I think I just found a cavity by feeling around in my mouth. I am certainly sore when I press behind my innermost tooth on the lower jawbone. I believe I had a tooth removed there many years ago, but I don't remember for sure. The skin is loose around the innermost tooth.

Thanks for posting this; certainly thought provoking. The worst part about this is I have no idea how to find someone who can diagnose and treat this (I'm not from the states). Of course, worst case scenario I could probably fly over there.

A few questions come to mind:

1. I have probably had this cavity many years before my symptoms started. Is this normal?
2. Wouldn't an infection in a cavity show up on some blood marker?

Thanks.

Wayne

But the issue with dentistry is so many of procedures can cause such devastating harm. Even if these issues I've listed on my website aren't the main causes of your chronic fatigue, having these problems when you are sick is not going to do you any favours. I doubt there is a single sick person here without some kind of issue in their mouth, whether a root canal, infection around a wisdom tooth or cavitation etc. Anyway, here is my website (this is its temporary home for now :p) http://www.btinternet.com/~celia.curtis/

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting this. I really appreciate all the information you've shared with us on this board. I'm in complete agreement with you that most of us have some kind of issue going on in our mouths. For healthy people, issues such as these may not effect them all that much (at least in the present moment), but for those of us with CFS, they can truly be devastating. Though I don't feel I'm totally on top of my oral issues, I almost daily do the "oil pulling" technique, and then follow this by holding a bentonite clay solution in my mouth. I believe doing these techniques goes a long way toward keeping things from getting worse (which they always can). --- Thanks again. I've already pulled up your website and will be giving it a perusal.

Wayne

alice

Hi Ian,

I almost daily do the "oil pulling" technique, and then follow this by holding a bentonite clay solution in my mouth. I believe doing these techniques goes a long way toward keeping things from getting worse (which they always can). --- Thanks again. I've already pulled up your website and will be giving it a perusal.

Wayne

Wayne, can you please elaborate on the bentonite clay solution and the "oil pulling" technique. Thanks.

Ian

I think I just found a cavity by feeling around in my mouth. I am certainly sore when I press behind my innermost tooth on the lower jawbone. I believe I had a tooth removed there many years ago, but I don't remember for sure. The skin is loose around the innermost tooth.

Thanks for posting this; certainly thought provoking. The worst part about this is I have no idea how to find someone who can diagnose and treat this (I'm not from the states). Of course, worst case scenario I could probably fly over there.

A few questions come to mind:

1. I have probably had this cavity many years before my symptoms started. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Hi Adreno,
My mum has also been on a similar journey to me. She had a cavitat scan of her lower jaw, showed one large cavitation where one of her lower wisdom teeth was. Other showed nothing. But she too had an area that was painful in response to pressure. The dentist that operated on me opened it up, and sure enough there was a large infection inside. Shes doing much better now.

But basically, if the bone hurts if you press on it, theres a very high probability there is an infection there. You should be able to apply really quite a lot of pressure before feeling any discomfort. Caviations are usually filled with fluid. Pressing on them increases the pressure enough to cause pain. I think in a similar way if you had a spot or zit on your face, if you press on it the increase in pressure registers as pain.

To diagnose it, either find a dentist with a cavitat scanner where ever you are in the world. Or get an MRI. MRI for me gave a really clear picture about what was happening inside the bone. I had a CT cone beam scan also done on my jaw but couldn't find any problems with it. Definition was too poor.

Your body is like a set of scales. It can handle a certain amount of abuse/infection. But too much and for too long and it just goes over the edge. I think my infection started a year before my health really fell apart.

About the blood thing, I dont think bacteria normally escape from cavitations (I could be wrong). But the toxins definitely do. If they tested for elevated levels of specific toxins they might find problems. Gut on general blood tests, no nothing would show up. I was tested for everything my doctor could think of. Only thing they found was a slight anomolie on my liver function test. Everything else was normal, even though I was deathly sick.

Wayne

Wayne, can you please elaborate on the bentonite clay solution and the "oil pulling" technique. Thanks.

Hi @alice,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just did a quick search for oil pulling, and came up with the following website that should give you a good introduction.

Oil Pulling - Wonderful Therapy

On this particular page, there are a number of comments toward the bottom, several of which pertain to dental issues. I think you will find it quite interesting. Plus, there are a number of links on the right side which will take you to more in-depth information on this ancient Ayurvedic practice. This link, "History of Oil Pulling (OP) and Its Rediscovery" is interesting, as it starts out referring to dental issues.

Since oil pulling detoxifies, it pulls a lot of toxicity into the mouth, and it's important to thoroughly clean the mouth after this is done. This is why I make a bentonite clay solution (1/2 cup of NOW brand bentonite clay powder, mixed into 1 quart of water, blend at high speed for 1 minute) and hold about a tsp of this solution in my mouth for about 15-20 minutes afterwards to help sop up some of this toxicity.

I recently had a teeth cleaning done, after not having it done for three years. Interestingly, it's been during most of this time that I've been doing the oil pulling 5-6 times a week. I was wondering how my gums were faring after such a long interval, and discovered they were better than they were last time I had a teeth cleaning.

Wayne

Last edited:

Ian

oil pulling seems pretty weak on science to me. Yes it's true gum disease is associated with heart problems. The bacteria basically get into your blood stream and then cause havoc in various places in your body. But it's easily treated by .. brushing your teeth, or using an oral irrigator with warm salt water.