• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

metametrix GI test

maddietod

I just got the results of my GI test, and noticed something I can't interpret.

Yeast/Fungi; taxonomy unavailable: +3 => 10000 pg DNA/g specimen
I think a +4 is the highest you can get.

In the user notes, it says:

Uncommon yeast/fungi is present, and one that likely colonizes other animals, or has not been identified as pathogenic to humans. Infection with Candida, Rhodotorula, Geotrichum,
Saccharomyces, and Trichosporon species have been ruled out.

Do any of you know anything about this?

Madie

Marg

Hi Madie,

This is interesting. I had a unidentifiable small intestine bacteria show up on a test. I sent the GI test last Wednesday. How long did it take to get your results? I used Metameatrix for both tests.

My yeast came out high normal so Dr. Klimas said we better treat. The yeast was not named.

I lost track of the thread about going to Miami, not sure how to find it. I ran a search and nothing came up but I may have used the wrong subject.

Did you get the huge questionaire yet? It took me three days to fill it all out, had to stop for breaks.

Marg

xchocoholic

Hi madie,

I had the metametrix tests too but I'm not familiar with this. Have you contacted metamatrix for a better
explanation ? I'd expect them to know more than most about this.

I have low good bacteria, no bad, no candida and +2 s boulardi. This was after treating for h pylori and
parasites. I still have one non specific parasite that I need to treat for.

Tc .. X

richvank

I just got the results of my GI test, and noticed something I can't interpret.

In the user notes, it says:

Uncommon yeast/fungi is present, and one that likely colonizes other animals, or has not been identified as pathogenic to humans. Infection with Candida, Rhodotorula, Geotrichum,
Saccharomyces, and Trichosporon species have been ruled out.

Madie

Hi, Madie.

That's very interesting. I haven't seen that result before. I'm guessing that Candex would knock it out if it's a yeast, because it contains enzymes that digest the cell wall (containing cellullose) of yeasts.

Best regards,

Rich

Marg

I ordered mine too just go to the Metamentrix site. Thye have a doctor there that signs for you and you can have the test sent to any doctors you list.

maddietod

Prices differ. It was on sale at your way to wellness when I ordered ($359.00). Last time I ordered it from Direct Labs.

I looked up my last test, from a year ago, and found the same thing. I was a +4, taxonomy unavailable. I didn't pay attention, and assumed it was candida.

Does anybody have a clue how to deal with this? Rich, do you say Candex because you think Diflucan (eg) is more than what's needed? Also, it says "yeast/fungi" which is less than helpful.

globalpilot

It is less than helpful but that's all they know. I've said before it may have been better if they didn't reprot that - it's just confusing people and there is no clear direction.
Candex is good for yeast with a cell wall but they don't all have cell walls. I wonder if Lufenuron would work against teh cellless varieties.

nanonug

I recently took a course of Diflucan due to the exact same finding on my GI Effects. The Diflucan had no discernible effect on any symptom. On the sensitivity analysis page, were they able to make any determination?

maddietod

There is no symptom analysis page. And there is no further information about this anywhere in the documents.

maddietod

2155: "Unable to determine sensitivity to pharmaceuticals and botanicals due to the
lack of growth of fungi in vitro."

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
2155: "Unable to determine sensitivity to pharmaceuticals and botanicals due to the
lack of growth of fungi in vitro."

So you are giving sanctuary to some sort of dead fungal monster?! :eek:

lack of growth of fungi in vitro

and

likely colonizes other animals
(my italics!)

Does the "other" mean that your test shows that you aren't human?!

globalpilot

Well, if they are not growing, they may be anaerobic. It doesn't necessarily mean they are dead. How would you acquire a 3+ of dead fungi ?

Marg

I am anxious to see what the stool test shows. The first test was Ion Panel with 40 amino acids..a huge test. Something is getting a lot of my nutrients. It has only been a week since I sent it could be a couple more, hope they have something to tell me. Indican was high and also a lot of high compounds of bacteria.