• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low potassium and folate deficiency/insufficincy symptoms decision tree - Beta

Ocean

Hi Ocean,

Most of those things common called "detox" break down into one or both of these deficiencies. On each "IF" line consider if it matches your conditions. I made it very explicit separating each vartiation so a person can find an exact match if possible.

"Normal" startup with a b12 is some neurological brightening and instensification of neurological sensations.. Being very sick with it is not "normal", it is almost always one or both induced deficiencies for one or several reasons.

IF starting or adding methylb12, adenposylb12 or hydroxycbl, AND OR Metafolin (perhaps 80%)
AND the approximately 3rd day or later onset of symptoms (Detox) from Group 1 and/or group2

If I were sitting face to face and asked you "Did you just recently start or increase "methylb12, adenosylb12 or hydroxycbl, AND OR Metafolin ". That is either a yes or no answer. If is no, I would go to another such question. If it is yes I would clarify the question Did your new symptoms appear all together within a few days starting on the 3rd day or later after starting?

I hope thqat clarifies it for you.
Thank you Fredd!

I started taking B right and metafolin a couple of days ago and my nose started bleeding a little bit. Am I correct to interpret this a sign of potassium defficiency? I am taking a 99 mg pill only since I am not on adb or methyl B12 yet. I am on hydroxy still. Should I be taking more potassium at this point?

Thanks

Freddd

HI CureMinded,

I don't have any reason to think that a bloody nose has anything to do with lack of potassium or is subject to fast changes. It is an item, pretty common, in the symptoms listed as deficiency symptoms for mb12/adb12/methylfolate. It appears to happen in the same set of symptoms that includes lesions of various kinds in the epithelial tissues such as line the nose, mouth, throat and so on. However, there are a lot of unknowns.

HI CureMinded,

I don't have any reason to think that a bloody nose has anything to do with lack of potassium or is subject to fast changes. It is an item, pretty common, in the symptoms listed as deficiency symptoms for mb12/adb12/methylfolate. It appears to happen in the same set of symptoms that includes lesions of various kinds in the epithelial tissues such as line the nose, mouth, throat and so on. However, there are a lot of unknowns.

Hi Fred, thanks for the reply. Good to know that it's not the potassium. Please forgive my ignorance. I don't understand why this is happening now that I started adding methylfolate. I don't normally have nose bleeds.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and anxious to start on the protocol. Fred, I have a huge concern about the potassium issue. I'm wondering if you have any knowledge about salt wasting in adrenal fatigue and how it affects reactions to the protocol. Typically, I need to add salt and avoid potassium. Could this protol be inappropriate for me because of the salt issue? Any input you can provide would be most appreciated.