• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

News Flash: All criminal charges against Mikovits have been dismissed

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Clarification from Heidi Bauer on my FB page:

"Just to make it clear...WPI did not drop charges against Dr. Judy Mikovits. The district attorney dismissed it citing not enough evidence, which is fair. There never was real evidence. She was within her legal rights to take HER notebooks to protect patient privacy under HIPPA. When the grant is under your name, you are the sole responsible party in charge of protecting privacy and overseeing ethical work is being done in the lab."

Enid

That sounds fair enough - about time the WPI dropped the whole pathetic fiasco.

Here is a scientist who sought (and still does) the complexities of ME - I wish her and all who go with her in sincere and knowledgeable continued researches - sorry cut the crap - here is one of our most dedicated scientists.

Even Ghandi may have approved.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Very smart move on the NV DA's part. It was the logical thing to do, but I was surprized it took this long. May have waited to make it appear that there was a lot of information to sort through or it's possible they have to wait a certain amount of time to give people a chance to come forward with information. Just babbling and have no idea how this works.

This is just great wonderful news and very glad to here it. I'm sure Judy is relieved and this has to take a burden off of her mind. I would imagine this will allow to be even more focused on her work and result in the most accurate data possible from her. Hooray for Judy!