• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

letter to Dr Klimas re name change for clinic

leelaplay

As you probably have seen, Dr Klimas is in the process of opening a CFS clinic. I think this is wonderful news, but the name concerns me greatly.

CFC_logo_web.jpg

Below is a copy of the email I sent to the office at info@cfsclinic.com regarding the name.

islandfinn:)

Hi again,

I had emailed you earlier today to ask about when the clinic would be opening. Soon after that, I saw the podcast of Dr Klimas interview on South Florida today. Great interview especially liked the santa claus analogy. Good of them to close with the links to the research donation page and to the clinic.

I am thrilled about the clinic opening. Hopefully youll be the avante-garde of proper medical care for all of us with ME/CFS.

My one concern, and its fairly big, is the name of the clinic. Why would you use the term chronic fatigue, which is a totally different entity from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? This seems detrimental to clarifying what ME/CFS really is and to go against all that DR Klimas has achieved to date.

I STRONGLY urge you to consider changing the name before the clinic opens.

All the best,

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Wow!

8:50 Posted by Gracenote "I am so very disappointed with the name Chronic Fatigue Center. Can we petition her to change it before her grand opening?"

9:25 New thread started by Islandfinn letter to Dr Klimas re name change for clinic

Wow. Now I know who to go to when I need help in my life. ;)

Great work. Bravo. Way to go. And thank you.

leelaplay

8:50 Posted by Gracenote "I am so very disappointed with the name Chronic Fatigue Center. Can we petition her to change it before her grand opening?"

9:25 New thread started by Islandfinn letter to Dr Klimas re name change for clinic

Wow. Now I know who to go to when I need help in my life. ;)

Great work. Bravo. Way to go. And thank you.

thanks, bow, curtsey, merci

thanks for the kind words gracenote, but that would be like going to a turtle. I saw your post the second it came out and it took me 35 minutes to do a few minute task!

But I did do it - so I'll accept a pat on the back.:p

if:)

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Yes you did!

it took me 35 minutes to do a few minute task! But I did do it - so I'll accept a pat on the back. :p

You are getting so very good at this that I think you've forgotten that even to complete a task before one forgets where one is going is a major accomplishment. But even greater is that you are doing this at all. I love what you posted on another thread.
I think we all have shared goals of having medical and government systems that work, and of finding a cause, treatment and hopefully a flat out cure. Well thats my two cents worth. I love all the advocacy energy. Hope I will learn how to use mine as effectively as possible.
I think you are doing remarkably well and are setting a great example for the rest of us.