• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

jace

Off the fence
Has anyone got any yet? I'm really curious as to whether it's a liquid or a freeze-dried powder. It is available on Ebay.co.uk, but being sent from the States. Shipping is the same price.

They've updated the instructions:

MAF 878 probiotic starter kit,
contains colostrum and selected probiotic bacterial mixture

new updated instructions stronger starter kit

Use 1 gallon wide mouth glass jar

add complete jar of STARTER KIT
then add
one pint of yoghurt
one quart kefir
one pint whole cream

to make one months supply of MAF 878. Take 2.5 ounces (75 ml) daily each morning wit food. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon flax seed oil to reduce gastric enzyme digestive effect on MAF 878

Keep mixture at approx 80 degrees F for five days before use.
After 10 days keep mixture in refrigerator
From that it seems it may be a liquid/yoghurty stuff.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thats two pints of kefir!!!? that means we have to culture the kefir as well.
And for 80 c you would, i guess, need a yoghurt maker. There arent many people who keep their houses at that temperature. - 4 pints of liquid.

Interesting about the freezer Garcia - i wonder what impact freezing has on kefir and probiotic mixture. Perhaps someone could ask Dr Enlanders office. I know you're not supposed to be able to freeze cream. I wonder what the cream is for?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Justy kefir is fine frozen, I've done that lots of times, also once the bacteria mixture has worked with the cream it will change its overall structure (can't think of the word?) its all about providing food for the probiotics.

clive powney

Has anyone got any yet? I'm really curious as to whether it's a liquid or a freeze-dried powder. It is available on Ebay.co.uk, but being sent from the States. Shipping is the same price.

They've updated the instructions:

MAF 878 probiotic starter kit,
contains colostrum and selected probiotic bacterial mixture

new updated instructions stronger starter kit

Use 1 gallon wide mouth glass jar

add complete jar of STARTER KIT
then add
one pint of yoghurt
one quart kefir
one pint whole cream

to make one months supply of MAF 878. Take 2.5 ounces (75 ml) daily each morning wit food. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon flax seed oil to reduce gastric enzyme digestive effect on MAF 878

Keep mixture at approx 80 degrees F for five days before use.
From that it seems it may be a liquid/yoghurty stuff.

Maybe I am a bit stupid or something, but can't you just use half or a quarter of the starter kit and half or a quarter of the ingredients and do a rolling production line of the stuff or take less per day so it lasts especially if you are worried about reactions etc???

clive powney

Maybe I am a bit stupid or something, but can't you just use half or a quarter of the starter kit and half or a quarter of the ingredients and do a rolling production line of the stuff or take less per day so it lasts especially if you are worried about reactions etc???
Also US measures are different that UK! Thus could make a difference to the strength etc

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Good question! Also, a gallon wide mouth jar is both hard to find and hard to put in the fridge!

Sushi

maddietod

Good question! Also, a gallon wide mouth jar is both hard to find and hard to put in the fridge!

Sushi

Buy a giant jar of pickles!

But I would culture it in 4 mason jars after mixing it in a glass container. Or, better, make a quarter at a time to start and do a rolling production like Clive says.

Is this basically a super-probiotic? Is its function healing in/of the gut through introduction of valuable bacteria? Or is there more to it than that?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is this basically a super-probiotic? Is its function healing in/of the gut through introduction of valuable bacteria? Or is there more to it than that?

There is more to it! But I don't know if anyone knows exactly what. There should be GcMAF in this brew, but how much and what happens when it hits the gut...I think we would like to know more about this. But it may be another "time will tell" thing.

Sushi

Seven7

Seven
Thats two pints of kefir!!!? that means we have to culture the kefir as well.
I think that was one of my questions if I can use the Kefir from fridge which I buy from Health Store already made ( and put it outside of fridge again?)

jenbooks

I hate store bought kefir. I'd have to use my own kefir and I don't do well with kefir. I'd rather use dreaming cow yogurt. Why do I have to use kefir? And yes I ordered the starter kit.

hixxy

Wonderful news. I did well on the MAF314 but haven't the funds to start production myself. I'm definetly going to try the MAF878 from London.

Shannah, probiotics stopped working for me over 10 years ago. No bad effects but suddenly probiotics (and I tried different ones) stopped having the previous good effects of improving my indigestion and flattening my stomach, MAF314 restored this for me.

Even if the MAF878 "just" helps my stomach I'll be really happy.

Thank you Dr Enlander!

How long until you saw improvement in your digestion ukxmrv?

ukxmrv

(just went back and checked my symptoms diary for that yoghurt trial)

The night after I took my first pot Hixxy I noticed that my digestion was better.

It did vary over the first month. Had a bout of acid indigestion for about a week. That's really unusual for me. Then my usual stomach problems kept coming back and alternating with the new better digestion. I could stop taking the betaine HCL which I had taken for around 10 years.

However, I did need to keep taking the MAF314 to see the good stomach effects as they didn't last once I stopped.

froufox

[quote="FrouFox, I thought I killed the tick-borne infection last summer with antibiotics, but it has flared up again so I'm on antibiotics again. Sigh. And I was taking very tiny amounts of GcMAF, just rubbed into my skin. That worked for me. I did that for six months (although the last two months the GcMAF was getting old).[/quote]

Thanks Forebearance, I didnt know that you could rub GcMAF into the skin, how does that compare with injections? Glad it helped anyway. Sorry about the the flare up of the infection, these critters are hard to deal with!

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
(just went back and checked my symptoms diary for that yoghurt trial)

The night after I took my first pot Hixxy I noticed that my digestion was better.

It did vary over the first month. Had a bout of acid indigestion for about a week. That's really unusual for me. Then my usual stomach problems kept coming back and alternating with the new better digestion. I could stop taking the betaine HCL which I had taken for around 10 years.

However, I did need to keep taking the MAF314 to see the good stomach effects as they didn't last once I stopped.

That's interesting you mention that ukxmrv. Took my first pot of MAF314 four days ago and got the gut benefits (which most people have described). But in the last 24 hours or so have been getting what feels like a bit of acid indigestion which I never get. Very interesting ...

anniekim

I emailed Dr Enlander's office and they confirmed you can do as you suggest - if you want to start lower you don't have to make up all the starter. As I am worried about severe reactions, if I go ahead and buy it I will do this, also it will work out cheaper too, thankfully.

clive powney

I emailed Dr Enlander's office and they confirmed you can do as you suggest - if you want to start lower you don't have to make up all the starter. As I am worried about severe reactions, if I go ahead and buy it I will do this, also it will work out cheaper too, thankfully.

clive powney

I have a bit of a suggestion if anyone is interested? If we can get enough of us to want this, is it worth emailing his office and seeing if we can buy a bulk load of these and pay a much smaller postage to 1 address. This can then be cheaply re-distributed to everyone via the much cheaper royal mail post. The money could be collected through a paypal account, which will cover any worries about non-receipt.

anniekim

"MAF 878 probiotic starter kit, add to 3 quarts of yoghurt 1 quart kefir to make one months supply of MAF 878. Keep mixture at approx 80 degrees F for five days before use. After 10 days keep mixture in refrigerator
contains colostrum and selected probiotic bacterial mixture"

I am trying to understand. The Yogurt I buy will be already cold from store and Kefir also. So u put them back Out at room temperature once u mix it??? Doesn't make it bad for the kefir and yogurt once they have been refrigerated??

Keep mixture for 5 days before u use. After 10 days keep mixture refrigerator ( what happens in between those 5 days?) means u can drink it w/o the need to refrigerate???

Sorry not sure if it is my bad English.

Inester, I've been emailing Dr Enlander's office and they said you can use shop bought kefir and you can refridgerate it after leaving it out for five days at approx 80 degrees. Being quite cold here in the UK, i am trying to work out a way of keeping it at 80F for those first five days.

anniekim

I have a bit of a suggestion if anyone is interested? If we can get enough of us to want this, is it worth emailing his office and seeing if we can buy a bulk load of these and pay a much smaller postage to 1 address. This can then be cheaply re-distributed to everyone via the much cheaper royal mail post. The money could be collected through a paypal account, which will cover any worries about non-receipt.

I think I will buy some Gcmaf but I am still slowly building up my ldn so I want to wait for a couple of months. It does say you can order three packs for the same shipping price and if you are going to only use half for a while the shipping fee would perhaps cover six months worth of gcmaf. I also wonder as Dr Enlander and his colleagues have worked out a way of letting anyone order the product they have already worked out a system and asking them to change it might be too much work for them. However, saying that there is no harm in asking.

Seven7

Seven
Inester, I've been emailing Dr Enlander's office and they said you can use shop bought kefir and you can refridgerate it after leaving it out for five days at approx 80 degrees. Being quite cold here in the UK, i am trying to work out a way of keeping it at 80F for those first five days.

So I buy Kefir and Yogurt already refrigerated Correct? then I can put back out of fridge ?