• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Results from my methylation treatment - week by week

Freddd

I`m afraid that this is a load of rubbish. I am having significant healing at present to my endocrine system and no longer require thyroid hormone and pregnenolone which I took before this protocol, my skin has gone from dry and rough to soft and my sleep has been restored. I am functioning much better mentally with improved mood and memory. I think this constitutes healing.

And yet, I am not getting potassium deficiency symptoms nor am I taking any, and I take hydroxob12 in very small amounts (6.25mcg) , along with a very small amount of b2and a large dose of manganese.

Rich said I have a partial block in my methylation cycle yet I am avoiding methyl donors on this protocol and I seem to be methylating now. I certainly have a lot more energy.

Why would I want to abandon a protocol which is working and start one which many people have found untenable, or have been on it for some time and are not improved?

Hi Brenda,

Do what is working for you. Follow the clues of healing. The lack of all sorts of things can break the system, including b2 and manganese. If and when that runs out of further healing perhpas you will need to look for other things or maybe it will be healed. Not everybody has the same things. There are a fair number of people here that have things going on that most definitely do not fit the b12-folate patterns. There are others with very complex compound patterns and things that if sucessfully treated will simplify the picture aloowing the next stage. I found that it is one layer after another, each one requiring it's own solution. So right now you are working on this layer with sucess. The B2 and manganese solution appears rather rare and/or is rarely recognized. Starting out by declaring your own post as "this is a load of rubbish" seems like a strange header for your post to me. But then, I guess it works for you.

As to your lack of low potassium thats great. Some have no problem. Some have problems that haven't caused the type of damage that triggers the high rate use of potassium to heal. The majority of people can take any or all of the various supplements and never need a bit more potassium than they are eating. It happens with a specific set of people with specific sets of symptoms when their healing starts up which can occur with any of the following so far depending on the person; adb12, mb12, Hycbl, cyanocbl (rare according to literature), methylfolate, folic acid, folinic acid, vitamins A, D, C, b-complex, E, magnesium, zinc, SAM-e, TMG, L-carnitne (fumarate or acetyl) any of a number of amino acids, and probably just about any essential mineral, supplement or vitamin. The genetic variations on all these things is huge. I want to build a database that captures and indentifies ALL these variations including the b2-manganese one. Often the challange is finding that first area of response from which to get the clues of healing to then follow up on. It's like some of those puzzles, first you have to find the piece that unlocks it.

So have fun and good health.

redo

I am still significantly worse. Still feel the muscle soreness/tightness in the neck, and I am much worse cognitively. I had to stop a month ago since I was getting worse and worse, and I am not back to base line yet. Does anyone have any other advice? Richvank?

I've tried the potassium for some days. Eaten lots of dried apricots and other fruits known to contain really big amounts.

Freddd

I am still significantly worse. Still feel the muscle soreness/tightness in the neck, and I am much worse cognitively. I had to stop a month ago since I was getting worse and worse, and I am not back to base line yet. Does anyone have any other advice? Richvank?

I've tried the potassium for some days. Eaten lots of dried apricots and other fruits known to contain really big amounts.

Hi Redo,

So you haven't tried a potassium supplement yet? I have had many people report trying to get it from food and not having much success.

Muscle soreness and tightness in the neck, up to and including the forced reversal of curvature, in me and many other has been due to a specific CNS/CSF mb12 deficiency causing neurological problems. It took, high dose mb12 (50mg sublingual, 33mg if held for 3 hours with practice), adb12 and normal amounts of carnitine fumarate and about a year for my neck to normalize. Lower doses of mb12 did NOT affect that particular neck problem. A simple light touch to any of the sore muscles in my neck could send me through the ceiling.

Would you be willing to fill out my excel questionnaire which will give me a more complete view and some hints, start a private conversation with your email address.. We are talking some complicated items.

redo

I tried potassium in supplement form. But as the health store salesperson said it shouldn't be taken in doses of more than a tablet a day (200 mg) I figured it wouldn't amount to much, so I googled and found this list of potassium content in food, so I've been eating 200 grams dried apricots some days which should amount to around 2 grams of potassium (not every day, but a couple of days a week).

The main problem which came about with the protocol is really the changes in brain symptoms. It has really stirred things up, and it hasn't settled. It has waxed and waned some after I quit. I've also got some sort of chest pressure (predominantly left side) which has been going up and down along with the other new brain symptoms. It is so kind of you to offer to go more thoroughly through this. I just sent you a PM.

If others can weigh in, than please do that as well. I really appreciate all this community is giving.

place

Be Strong!
Hey Redo... Perhaps the supplements will work better. I can even tell a differnce between the types of potassium. For me and I think freddd, the gluconate works best. I take 15-30 .99mg pills a day. 5 at a time. It really has helped me.
Best of luck.

Freddd

I tried potassium in supplement form. But as the health store salesperson said it shouldn't be taken in doses of more than a tablet a day (200 mg) I figured it wouldn't amount to much, so I googled and found this list of potassium content in food, so I've been eating 200 grams dried apricots some days which should amount to around 2 grams of potassium (not every day, but a couple of days a week).

The main problem which came about with the protocol is really the changes in brain symptoms. It has really stirred things up, and it hasn't settled. It has waxed and waned some after I quit. I've also got some sort of chest pressure (predominantly left side) which has been going up and down along with the other new brain symptoms. It is so kind of you to offer to go more thoroughly through this. I just sent you a PM.

If others can weigh in, than please do that as well. I really appreciate all this community is giving.

Hi Redo,

the serum potassium from food reaches a peak about 12 hours or so, if I am remembering correctly, after ingestion and is taken into tissue with the assistance of insulin very quickly. The availability of potassium in serum is a matter of hours from what I have read. I have to take 4-5 doses a day or I have problems. If I don't take 300mgs at bedtime I'm up with spasms in the middle of the night.

The chest pressure is a mystery to me and probably should be checked out by your doctor.

DISCLAIMER

I am a self taught systems analyst and consultant. I am not credentialed, certified or licensed to do anything besides drive a car. I have been disabled by the disease processes being discussed here and affecting neurology in a multitude of ways for 10 years and impaired in a variety of ways and levels for 54 years before that. Everything I say is my opinion, synthesis, understanding or otherwise of my own creation except direct attributed quotes. Approximate paraphrases are also my interpretation of what I have read. All of this is at best my data analysis, understanding, synthesis and hypotheses and not to be construed as medical advice. I am not responsible for anything you do with any information provided in any way. Anything you do is your own responsibility and at your own risk. There are no published peer reviewed studies backing up my opinions or statements, except the incidental ones quoted or implicit in my synthesis or understanding, and then only in so far any reading of such papers may confer. Your interpretations, actions and variations of what I say are strictly at your own risk.

redo

Hey Redo... Perhaps the supplements will work better. I can even tell a differnce between the types of potassium. For me and I think freddd, the gluconate works best. I take 15-30 .99mg pills a day. 5 at a time. It really has helped me.
Best of luck.
Thank you for your input. Do you know if it's a safe dose?

Freddd

Thank you for your input. Do you know if it's a safe dose?

I have no concern for taking as much potassium as needed to stop low potassium symptoms, titrating to effect. I tend to decrease it a little each time from where it is past maximum effectiveness and so always am bumping along the low potassium symptoms regularaly. Potassium chloride can form acid if in solid form in contact with the stomach wall and cause tissue damage or death. The time release forms are most dangerous. The gluconate appears safe and comfortable. I take my largest doses with a stomach full of food and no doses larger than 500mg (495mg) with just a glass of water or other liquid, 12+ ounces. 4-6 doses per day seems to work best.

DISCLAIMER

I am a self taught systems analyst and consultant. I am not credentialed, certified or licensed to do anything besides drive a car. I have been disabled by the disease processes being discussed and affecting neurology in a multitude of ways for 10 years and impaired in a variety of ways and levels for 54 years before that. Everything I say is my opinion, synthesis, understanding or otherwise of my own creation except direct attributed quotes. Approximate paraphrases are also my interpretation of what I have read. All of this is at best my data analysis, understanding, synthesis and hypotheses and not to be construed as medical advice. I am not responsible for anything you do with any information provided in any way. Anything you do is your own responsibility and at your own risk. There are no published peer reviewed studies backing up my opinions or statements, except the incidental ones quoted or implicit in my synthesis or understanding, and then only in so far any reading of such papers may confer. Your interpretations, actions and variations of what I say are strictly at your own risk.

redo

The lump/pressure feeling in my chest has been evolving the later days, and it's becoming a respiratory problem in that I am having problems filling my lungs. I can still breathe on my own, but it takes an effort.

nanonug

The lump/pressure feeling in my chest has been evolving the later days, and it's becoming a respiratory problem in that I am having problems filling my lungs. I can still breathe on my own, but it takes an effort.

May I suggest a visit to your friendly doctor? This could be a serious heart or lung issue...

adreno

PR activist
I highly doubt that taking a few B vitamins for a couple of weeks have caused these problems for you. I would look for another cause.

redo

I appreciate all thinking out load around this. My main doctor isn't available at the time, but I have contacted one «normal» doctor via phone which didn't have anything useful to come with (his sister had written a paper on tainted supplements, so he was locked to that thinking - which I think is a dead end).

I have had something related one time earlier (with regards to not being able to fill my lungs), and that also came pretty quickly, and happened as (one of many) consequences of a trial with ARVs. That time it was painful to breathe properly, now it's more difficult but not painful.

A reason why I see this related with the rest of the symptoms which popped up during the trial, is that they have come at the same time.

redo

It's a little over a week since I posted, the status right now is that the cognitive symptoms are still much worse (waxing and waning though) and the left lung doesn't inflate properly yet (there is no pain/pressure the last week, it just doesn't inflate like it should), the muscle pain in the neck hasn't been much of a factor the last weeks.

The last weeks though, it's much better than how it was at the time I ended the treatment. The cognitive symptoms can somewhat resemble how it was when I used SAM-e, and the lung problems are somewhat similar to problems I got when doing ARVs (like mentioned earlier).

place

Be Strong!
I just tried tyrosine and phenylalanine and it really helped with focus. Any way to increase the dopamine. But I have been told that amino acids effects go away quickly. Not sure why we have a tolerance for Amino Acids but not other drugs.

roxie60

I just tried tyrosine and phenylalanine and it really helped with focus. Any way to increase the dopamine. But I have been told that amino acids effects go away quickly. Not sure why we have a tolerance for Amino Acids but not other drugs.

I just got my neurotransmitter test results and my dopamine is extremely low. They recoed Daxitrol to help with dopamine serotonin PEA. I know nothing about this product but there is a video on it that I am viewing now, link below. I'm not recommending just sharing what the results I got yesterday that happened to mention what to take for low dopamine, others with more experience will hopfully chime in. The video below is one of six and is quite detailed. Hope it helps. Here is a link to a Daxitrol white paper if you prefer to read vs watch vids https://www.neurorelief.com/uploads/content_files/Daxitrol White PaperZ1115.pdf

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I've also got some sort of chest pressure (predominantly left side)

oh my goodness, the dosage of potassium supplements is limited because of concern over adverse cardiac effects. I haven't read the whole thread and don't know if that has been mentioned, but I'd stop immediately. I'd also check myself for irregular heart rhythm. I don't want to be an alarmist but severe arrhythmia from hyperkalemia can be very threatening.