• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metametrix complete GI panel results

globalpilot

I would really like to upload the test results but can't figure out how to do that. I see the upload link below but my file is a word file and it doesn't show up in the list. If anyone can assist, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, the results are:
- no overgrowth of anaerobic or opportunistic bacteria
- 3+ unknown yeast
- unknown parasite
- elastase normal , short chain fatty acid normal
- high putrefactive long chain fatty acids
- total fat, cholesterol normal
- quite low secretory IgA

Symptoms include quite severe bloating and upper gas production, fatigue and spaciness.

I'm going to first try colostrum to replete the missing secretory IgA. It's from cow's so I'm not sure if it'll help or not. If not, I'll try s boulardii.

richvank

Hi, gp.

As I'm sure you know, yeasts produce CO2. Candex has worked to knock out yeasts for quite a few people.
I hope the colostrum helps with the IgA.

Best regards,

Rich

globalpilot

Thanks Rich. I hope it helps too. I'm still working on trying to get the lime to monitor my CO2 production. You can't get it in Canada.

Nanonug - I've done that. Hydrogen breath test twice, Methane once, lactose intolerance once, H2S test, all of those negative, a good trial of rifaxamin - no symptom improvement. I don't know what further I could do on that front. I must move on to another strategy.

xchocoholic

Hi there,

I just did this too but I'm not sure if I can help.

Like you, according to this lab, I don't have any bad bacteria.

I don't have unknown yeast tho. Any ideas what those are ? Candida would show up as candida if it was there.

I have +2 s boulardii tho. I just took metagenics prolardi and jarrow.

I get the bloating and gas too but thought it might be sibo. I have an unknown parasite too tho.
I've noticed that avoiding certain foods makes a HUGE difference in this. Cukes are out .. As are toi many raw foods.

Stupid internet logged me off .. But I need to go anyways. Tc .. X

acer2000

does anyone know what the "unknown parasite" means? I had this on my result as well and I could never get any information about it. how do we figure out what it is?

globalpilot

Noone knows what it is, other than the fact we know it is not one of the ones they test for specifically. I think what is happening is that the lab is finding genetic code that they know is common to all parasies but the particular parasite is not in their database. They don't know what it is themselves. This is so confusing to people that I almost think it would be better if they didn't report it.

Aileen

does anyone know what the "unknown parasite" means? I had this on my result as well and I could never get any information about it. how do we figure out what it is?
Quite a dilema. :confused: Is there a broad-spectrum anti-parasitic that could be tried that might wipe out "Unknown"?

Aileen

Just had another thought. I am sure some of you have heard of the ViroChip. I wonder if there is one of those for parasites? Perhaps you could contact whomever makes ViroChip (you'll have to google it, I can't remember) and ask. Maybe "unknown" could be uncovered using that if there is such a thing.

Aileen

Just received the results of my Metametrix GI Profile test. Am going to try to upload the results. I'm hoping someone can help me interpret these. Also I think someone mentioned somewhere that there was a patient's report and a doctor's report? If this is the case, does anyone know which one this would be?

Attachments

• Metametrix GI Profile Pg1.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • Metametrix GI Profile pg2.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • Metametrix GI Profile pg3.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • Metametrix GI Profile pg4.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • Metametrix GI Profile pg5.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

roxie60

Is the 'unknown' parasiste an issue with the lab or do we all have a parasite that is unidentified that is causing us issue. Is it a lab error or something real they just dont understand. I also had that reported and it seems most of us do.

nanonug

Just received the results of my Metametrix GI Profile test. I'm hoping someone can help me interpret these.

In my opinion, the most significant finding is that of gluten sensitivity. Testing for increased intestinal permeability would probably be a good idea. Of course, a gluten free diet, maybe together with digestive enzymes containing DPP IV would probably also be recommended.

Also I think someone mentioned somewhere that there was a patient's report and a doctor's report?

I am not aware of such distinction...

two doctors have told me that the 'unknown parasite' shows up for pretty much everyone they test, and that it's likely something ingested with food...

nanonug

Is the 'unknown' parasiste an issue with the lab or do we all have a parasite that is unidentified that is causing us issue. Is it a lab error or something real they just dont understand. I also had that reported and it seems most of us do.

People do ingest all kinds of crap, including yeasts and parasites. Most, whether human or not, do not survive digestion.

On my GI Effects Profile I also had quite a bit of "taxonomy unavailable" yeast. I took Diflucan but had no improvement.

Aileen

In my opinion, the most significant finding is that of gluten sensitivity.
Thanks for your insights nanonug. That jumped out at me too. Unfortunately I'm recently back on bread after a very long break (but not other gluten containing foods). I have so many food sensitivities, now I am trying to figure out what I am going to eat!! :(
Testing for increased intestinal permeability would probably be a good idea.
Got the results of this test back on Friday and much to my surprise I do not have intestinal permeability. Levels of both sugars were within normal range.
Of course, a gluten free diet, maybe together with digestive enzymes containing DPP IV would probably also be recommended.
I've tried digestive enzymes in the past but react to them. Looks like this isn't going to give me any easy answers.

nanonug