• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Epsom Salts

roxie60

My integrative GP has told me for a couple of years to take baths or foot soaks in epsom salts to remove toxins. I initially tried but as with most things I felt no better so stopped. Since I have been off work I have been taking about baths/foot soaks in Epsom Salts a week. I was wondering if anyone has evidence this is effective at removing toxins? The toxins I am thinking of are th ones Rich has refered to in the methylation pathway. Or am I wasting time, money and energy doing this? Has anyone used this and seen improvement or changes in test results as a result? Thx:sluggish:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My integrative GP has told me for a couple of years to take baths or foot soaks in epsom salts to remove toxins. I initially tried but as with most things I felt no better so stopped. Since I have been off work I have been taking about baths/foot soaks in Epsom Salts a week. I was wondering if anyone has evidence this is effective at removing toxins? The toxins I am thinking of are th ones Rich has refered to in the methylation pathway. Or am I wasting time, money and energy doing this? Has anyone used this and seen improvement or changes in test results as a result? Thx:sluggish:

The only evidence I have is that I feel better the next day. I alternate epsom salts baths and FIR sauna. But you have to use at least 2 cups of epsom salts and some find that adding other things like baking soda also helps.

Rich had a thread a long while back about whether epsom salts baths help people. You might want to check it out--if you can find it! A test for the new search engine.

Sushi