• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Preserving the male essence/seed

xks201

I rode this idea for a while and got on testosterone replacement with the best doctor (estrogen in check and everything) and still no relief. It boosted some gym energy temporarily and made me stronger but I am still fatigued as hell. Abstaining doesn't help either.

pine108kell

Doesn't make any difference for me. Sex or abstain, equally ill. This is another one of those attention getting suggestions that belittles the magnitude of illness IMO.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Sometimes u just have to get rid of that male essence or your head will explode from the raised intracranial pressure building up inside. I think its all a personal thing, if your going to be carry on like a rabbit then i think u will be running into problems.

cheers!!!

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I here you with the raised intracranial pressure building up inside!!! BOOM!!!!!!!! Aha! I'm going to take a nap!!!:sleepy:

seems to be some confusion here. i quite clearly seperated sex from ejaculation. no-one has to resist sexy time lol...the idea is merely being suggested that not ejaculating may increase physical vigour, emotional balance and mental acuity. i am aware that at first abstaining leads to feelings of anxiety; a bit like giving up cigarettes etc; as imo the body regains some strength and intelligence. this will pass, especially if you do energy work like chi gong to transmute the increased energy. more strength in the arms and legs is apparently commonly noticed when abstaining from ejaculation.

the study cited was quite conclusive: that serum testosterone levels took many days to get back to normal following ejaculation. one could argue that more studies should be done for crossreference. maybe so but the questions posed were really quite straightforward and it's my guess that more studies would show the same thing. i also feel that if they tested for other hormones, they would find that these increase or decrease with ejaculation too. low levels of testosterone with men who have m.e. so any way to increase this naturally and in balance, i would personally give some attention and experimantation too.

when i say that the chinese have studied this i don't mean every one of them, obviously. and taking synthetic testosterone is bad imo and in no way relates to what's being suggested here. i wonder just how long folk mean when they say they've abstained and found no difference?

anyway, it's out there for those men who wish to try it. i would suggest at least 2-3 months to get an idea of whether it can help.

All i can say is that pre cfs, if i couldnt get rid of some dirty water regularly, my mind wouldnt be able to concentrate on anything but one thing, plus i would be a cranky bugger, maybe a male version of PMT, lol.

cheers!!!
yes it does make you a little cranky at first, that passes.

In a word, no!

Healthy people have more sex than people with chronic diseases. Healthy people also have higher testosterone levels. If we were to draw a conclusion on this association, would be that people who have more sex have higher testosterone levels.

well to say no, is a little conclusive for me, it might be right, prove it's completely false?how can you be so sure?

of course "healthy" folk have more sex and higher testosterone levels. it appears that these levels drop below normal after ejaculation too. we call folk who don't have chronic illnesses "healthy" but is that so? really if you look around there aren't that many healthy males after the age of 27; could this be related to what is proposed here, might be part of the picture...?

this is the male part of tantric sexual lore, and i can assure they are not inhibited and are interested in getting the most enjoyment out of the sexual union...without leading to depletion, that's all..

mellster

Marco
I depends on the timing as well - studies have shown that morning sex can increase a male's testosterone in the long term - sort of like morning exercise, whereas late night sex doesn't have that effect and can even deplete it. Everything in moderation is always a good advice - used to need it every day (twice even better), now 1-3 times per week is plenty ;)

nanonug

the study cited was quite conclusive: that serum testosterone levels took many days to get back to normal following ejaculation.

My interpretation of this study is different than yours. My interpretation of this study is that testosterone levels rise with time to pressure men into finding a woman to have sex with. Then it drops afterwards to give men time to recharge the, huh, "batteries".

I depends on the timing as well - studies have shown that morning sex can increase a male's testosterone in the long term - sort of like morning exercise, whereas late night sex doesn't have that effect and can even deplete it. Everything in moderation is always a good advice - used to need it every day (twice even better), now 1-3 times per week is plenty ;)

maybe right man, have you links? but still everyone keeps referring to sex...this is about ejaculation. one can have sex and not ejaculate. personally when i was active sexually and knew nothing about what is being suggested here, i was never in hurry to ejaculate, as that meant it was over.

My interpretation of this study is different than yours. My interpretation of this study is that testosterone levels rise with time to pressure men into finding a woman to have sex with. Then it drops afterwards to give men time to recharge the, huh, "batteries".

men with m.e. have low serum tesosterone and you agree that abstaiing increases this? regardless of the purpose of increase...

Sure, but given that increased levels of testosterone do not cure anyone, what is the point?

because it maybe a precursor to improvement and recovery, along with other factors such as diet and natural therapy. i would agree that on it's own it's unlikely to bring recovery but it might mean less suffering, less fatigue and less brain fog- that's my experience. hormones are very important, i'm sure you'd agree, and i'll take all i can get, provided it's in it's natural form and so is in balance.

the notion is suggested that as the base energy centre fills then it flows over into the next centre at the navel and it's corresponding gland (increasing digestive ability) and so on upwards to the solar plexus, heart lungs, throat, head. but for this to happen you must first fill the gonads.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
just a thought but after sex isnt there a rise in serotonin, maybe its not good to have high levels of serotonin and testosterone together or its sort of an opposite direction. Testosterone gives men that drive, not just sex drive but drive to get things done and conquor the world type feeling and after the conquest the the contentment of our conquest is enjoyed with the help of a serotonin boost or roll over and snore. I think without finding contentment, having the continual drive would make us crazy, dont know if there would be enough women around. maybe serotonin is there to give the women a dam break from us annoying them, lol

I'm not sure how good a lot of the research in this area, but I recently saw a headline for an article that reminded me of the title of this thread.

I'm sceptical about anyone making medical recommendations about these sorts of things right now.

http://www.mensjournal.com/3-orgasms

Rand56

Well there has to be something to it. I'm sure you have all heard of boxers abstaining from sex and/or masterbation for some time before a match to preserve energy reserves.