• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

follow-ups Klimas, Cleveland, Mikovits?

leelaplay

I've been trying to keep tabs on the follow-ups for the 3 events listed below, but haven't seen anything. Anyone know if it's out there yet?:

1. Mikovits' grand rounds at the University of Florida Oct 20

2. Klimas' lecture Nov 7

3. Cleveland Clinic invite-only meeting re xmrv of 75 scientists Nov 10

all help appreciated

islandfinn:)

K

_Kim_

Klimas interview on the way

From the Pandora home page:

Yes, the November 7 lecture by Dr. Klimas was videotaped and it will be shared soon. If you haven't join PANDORA's web site, do it now as we will announce it. It will be also posted on our page on me-cfscommunity.com and we hope other sites will share with our community. It was a special lecture with an outstanding presentation by Dr. Klimas.

Eric Johnson from I&I

I've no idea if this is actually the case, but WPI might have requested that such videos be held a few weeks while Mikovits is still on tour as the probationary Queen of All Bio-med. I would. Maintains the audience size and audience excitement at her in-person talks -- which is highly in our interest as patients dreaming of treatment.

leelaplay

I've no idea if this is actually the case, but WPI might have requested that such videos be held a few weeks while Mikovits is still on tour as the probationary Queen of All Bio-med. I would. Maintains the audience size and audience excitement at her in-person talks -- which is highly in our interest as patients dreaming of treatment.

thanks Kim, wildaisy and Eric

Thanks goodness the WPI et al team are so politically astute, but I guess I have to continue to be the patient patient - can't wait:rolleyes: to leave that behind.

Eric that makes sense for both Klimas and Mikovits. While the article wildaisy posted gives a nibble, heard there was more to come - full videos etc.

And how did those 75 invite-only scientists divy up the pot? and who were they ???

if:)

Kati

Patient in training
I believe I read the 75 invite only scientist fest was closed doors only-

annunziata

Here is an article about Dr. Mikovit's grand rounds at the university of Florida.

http://www.news.health.ufl.edu/news/story.aspx?ID=5433

Chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer linked to new virus

Czerne M. Reid
11/02/2009

Wildaisy, thanks for supplying the link.

The following leaped out at me: "Researchers say the level of XMRV infection revealed in the study is not just a concern among people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but is a public health issue as well."

Are we not part of the public that deserved protection by federal health agencies and the rest of the medical profession? I am not sure what the writer is implying here. Perhaps the phrasing is simply unfortunate.

Amy

"Next Week"

I emailed the Cleveland Plain Dealer reporter, Angela Townsend, about why no followup coverage on the Cleveland Clinic meeting. She said, "I plan on talking to Dr. Silverman next week and will get as many details as possible."

Finch

Down With the Sickness
Thank you, JimK, and hello again. It's really good to see you here.

K

_Kim_

Nancy Klimas

Pandora's Facebook has posted this picture of NK from the lecture on XMRV Virus November 7, 2009
13338_183014307370_43354982370_3435315_5916139_n.jpg

Picture courtesy of www.robertmayerimages.com

The video of the lecture hasn't been posted yet...