• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for a safe, effective natural antimicrobial

My doctor wanted me to take Enula, by Emerson Ecologics, to get rid of the bugs in my gut and system. But it contains alcohol, which I can't handle. I'm sensitive to a lot of antimicrobial herbs (e.g., garlic, olive leaf) and need to avoid all immune boosters like echinacea, astragalus and cat's claw.

I have tried Lauricidin, but have only been able to tolerate one pellet 3 to 4 times per week, which isn't enough to make a dent in the bugs. I'm looking for something that is highly effective, works on a broad spectrum of bugs and only has one or two ingredients in it, since I'm sensitive to so many things.

Thanks

nanonug

I'm looking for something that is highly effective, works on a broad spectrum of bugs and only has one or two ingredients in it, since I'm sensitive to so many things.

What's wrong with a real antibiotic that actually works? My recommendation? Xifaxan! But don't forget to add saccharomyces boulardii.

L'engle

moogle
Have you tried Virgin Coconut oil? It might be more tolerable than straight lauricidin, I'm not sure. I take it continually to keep candida at bay. It seems to work without causing other problems for me. I hope you can find something.

*GG*

How about colloidal silver? I think it is good for viruses also!

GG

Here's a link to something I read recently:

http://www.bottomlinepublications.com/content/article/health-a-healing/the-metal-that-heals?utm_campaign=_BPpnXVB8iyTO$5

Thanks for the replies. I'm not able to tolerate coconut oil, caprylic acid, cat's claw, kefir and collodial silver. I took antibiotics for a month earlier this year for an H. pylori infection and they messed up my immune system. I have been taking GSE, but just came across some information in Dr. Kharrazian's book (it's on thyroid issues, but has a section on Th1/Th2 imbalances) in which he lists supplements that will exacerbate Th2 dominance and GSE was listed, along with pycnogenol. This really surprised me, as I've taken both of those before and didn't notice an increase in allergic type reactions.

I asked my doctor for an alternative to the antimicrobial he recommended that has alcohol, and will let you know what he comes up with.

xrunner

Have your doc look into this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothiocyanite You can't get more natural than this.
The only product currently available is marketed as Kib500 / 1st line / Pathoremo. You can ask the vendor for all the research papers on this product and they'll send it to your doc.
By the way it's effective against H Pylori and a range of other microorganisms, including some viruses.

MY mum had bronchitis (not CFS). After a course of antibiotics she was still poorly So she tried this thing and felt better after just a few hours. After a couple of days all symptoms were gone.
I have started to use it myself with no side effects of any sort (other than head ache and tiredness).

xrunner

I'm not sure. They're brands of the same product made by the same company. Kib500 is in the UK, Pathoremo is the Grerman brand, so the other one may be the US one. I agree, it's a case where the product is certainly better than its marketing.

froufox

Hi xrunner, I had not heard of KIB 500/hypothiocyanite before and was very intrigued so have been reading up on it since you posted. Glad to hear that it helped your mum....I just wondered how you were getting on with it now? Have you had any more effects, bad or good? Was it easy to make? Also just wondering what infections you have, if you dont mind me asking?

I noticed on the kib500 blog, that someone had posted saying that they were feeling much worse after trying it and that they didnt think it was due to a herx.. though its hard to know just from a couple of posts what is going on there. I havent been able to find any other testimonials so far.

http://kib500healthcare.wordpress.c...on/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Anyway good luck with it, and thanks :)

xrunner

Hi xrunner, I had not heard of KIB 500/hypothiocyanite before and was very intrigued so have been reading up on it since you posted. Glad to hear that it helped your mum....I just wondered how you were getting on with it now? Have you had any more effects, bad or good? Was it easy to make? Also just wondering what infections you have, if you dont mind me asking?

I noticed on the kib500 blog, that someone had posted saying that they were feeling much worse after trying it and that they didnt think it was due to a herx.. though its hard to know just from a couple of posts what is going on there. I havent been able to find any other testimonials so far.

http://kib500healthcare.wordpress.c...on/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Anyway good luck with it, and thanks :)
Hi Froufox,

I have been testing it. I have so far taken it three times mainly to assess if and how it works on me and possible side effects. Yes it's pretty easy to make. There's a demo video on youtube also.

No side effects. The main ones a slight headache shortly after I take it and then tiredness the following day and for a few days following. I took it on Thursday last week and still feel a bit the fatigue effect.
After the last two kits I took, I also had some discomfort in my spleen area for a couple of hours one night and slight congestion in lymphs which is unusual for me.

Infections? Borrelia, Cpn and who knows what else. That's why I like it, it supposedly kills a wide range of microbes of which I may be unaware.

I saw that post and not sure what that person was talking about. She didn't say what her health issue was why she took it and what specific side effects she had. Not helpful.
We are in three to have tried it, more than once, and so far nobody has had any problem with it.
Testimonials? There's a guy on youtube saying he was cured of CFS after one or two kits (?) which I have found questionable.
Whilst it takes a few doses to treat acute infections, from my experience so far, and also according to the dosage instructions, it takes several doses to have an effect on chronic infections.

froufox

Hi xrunner,

Thanks a lot for replying and for sharing your experience. Glad to hear that you have experienced only mild side effects so far, but it does suggest that it is having some effect. Hope its all a good sign anyway. I appreciate that its very early days but I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with it. I'll see if I can find that video on youtube, but yeah the cured of CFS story does sound a bit too good to be true!

Anyway thanks again and good luck with it.

maddietod

I'm also very interested in how this product works for you, xrunner. At $79, it looks expensive on the surface, but it depends on how much damage it can do to the bugs with each dose. If you run into any information about number and timing of treatments for chronic illness, I'd love to hear it.