• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Headaches leaning forward, coughing, exercises, orgasm increased BP

Male friend complains of the above subject, that is
long lasting headaches triggered by: leaning forward, coughing,
exercises, orgasm and increased BP at triggers. (was told yesterday)

Posted under different thread, but could not edit
the title.

adreno

PR activist
Well, you gave the answer yourself, it seems. If increased BP causes it, take something to reduce BP. I would try magnesium and/or potassium first.

Well, you gave the answer yourself, it seems. If increased BP causes it, take something to reduce BP. I would try magnesium and/or potassium first.

Hum, his BP increases upon the symptoms. Meaning, he does not have increase
BP, it only rises during those events. But I will mention your suggestions to him.

I am low on potassium and mag, but have low BP. Do you mean that if someone
has high BP, they would suffer those symptoms, caused by low potassium & magnesium?

His BP is usually normal. I read up on intracranial pressure, low or high pressure in
spinal fluid, fluid in brain, Chiary etc..

Noted with some type of headaches, my BP increases, not the other way round.
My BP is also normal.

nanonug

Male friend complains of the above subject, that is long lasting headaches triggered by: leaning forward, coughing, exercises, orgasm and increased BP at triggers.

I would go with adreno's suggestion. This could be caused by electrolyte imbalances.