• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cryptovirus treatment? Link to MMR?

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Some time ago I started a thread on cryptovirus, a rubulavirus, which a researcher identified in the spinal fluid of 90+% of patients with cfs and MS referred to him in Brisbane, and later in the US. A link to that thread is here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...ME-CFS-patients-(old-research-news-from-2006). I was one of a number of severely ill cfs patients referred to Robbins in Brisbane. Given the high rate for cryptovirus, it is puzzling that this research was abandoned.

Of interest there is a high number of patients from Brisbane, in my age group, with similar symptoms, so it may be that this virus is a trigger.

I need some assistance with this and would appreciate the help:
  • Given that cryptovirus, a neuropathogen, a rubulavirus in the paramyxovirus family which also contains Parainfluenza Virus 5, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a viable treatment.
  • I wonder if there is a vaccination link here with MMR?

http://www.ncf-net.org/library/PressRelease0606.htm

RustyJ

I did find this curious information which involves Homeland Security and PIV5, which cryptovirus is very similar to.

RustyJ

For the full story on Parainfluenza Virus-5 and National CFIDS Foundation's investigation. Almost as intriguing as XMRV and de Freitas. I wonder if Lipkin study will pick this up?

ukxmrv

I tried Amantadine in the late 80's under a NHS doctor in the UK. Gave me a speedy, buzzy hyped feeling and terrible insomnia. We played around with dosage but I wasn't able to find one that I could tolerate.

RustyJ

I tried Amantadine in the late 80's under a NHS doctor in the UK. Gave me a speedy, buzzy hyped feeling and terrible insomnia. We played around with dosage but I wasn't able to find one that I could tolerate.

After reading a few negative stories about Amantadine and cfs, I decided it was not the way to go. I am now looking at simvastatin (a statin), together with CoQ10 and Pregnenolone to counter side-effects.