• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

dr sponangle and florida detox..

Does anyone know anything about Dr sponangle? He treats Benson withdrawl and Mold detox. Also says he treats gut problems. Which he believes is the cause of cfs. He has a video from an interview on pbs you can see on YouTube if you Google his name. Can't cut and paste from my phone. Just curious if anyone knows about him. His treatment is very expensive.

richvank

Does anyone know anything about Dr sponangle? He treats Benson withdrawl and Mold detox. Also says he treats gut problems. Which he believes is the cause of cfs. He has a video from an interview on pbs you can see on YouTube if you Google his name. Can't cut and paste from my phone. Just curious if anyone knows about him. His treatment is very expensive.

Hi, equestrian.

I interacted with him some by email a couple of years ago in connection with a particular case, and I found him very knowledgeable.

Best regards,

Rich

dr sponaugle

Thanks rich. I know he became well known for his rapid detox . But not sure how effective his detox for Mold is. Treatment is 3 weeks long $15,000 plus labs , meds, hotel. Read some bad reviews online but was more from addicts. But there's bad reviews out there on everyone. Just curious to find someone with Mold illness and cfs that he has helped.

Equestrian111

richvank

Hi, Equestrian.

Sorry, I don't know how well his mold treatment works. The case I was referring to involved getting off of Oxycontin.

Best regards,

Rich

*GG*

Sounds like a lot of money, seems like you could find someone for less?

Should detox be done rapidly? I was under the impression that people who do that, go thru herheimer rxns?

GG

Update on Dr sponaugle detox. Treatment for Mold detox is $18,000 and is 3-6 weeks. I. I need to find out if that covers meds and labs. Yikes 6 weeks in a hotel , car rental ect. Need to find out if his treatments are effective.

Thanks rich. As far as rapid detox , that's for addictions. His mold detox takes 6 weeks. Supposedly he detoxes gut and brain of toxins using iv treatment. I suppose if it really worked..he would be more well known for Mold. They do have a wait list because its a very labor intensive treatment.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Cheney charges about $10,000 for a week and lkely will not get you anywhere, but that is the case for most of them right now. It is a $5000 to $10,000 crap shoot from the very start. Dr. Sponaugle's Oxycontin and other painkiller type detox is not that expensive. I think I git one about 6 months ago and it was about $7000, but I would do it in a heartbeat if I had the money. My hormone and neurotransmitter fluctuations have pretty much followed his description to a tee. I would have a stimulator implant done and get off of these meds.

I'm not even on a third of the dose I was on at my very worst, but they still cannot get my hormones regulated and anxiety is so bad I will not leave the house.

Dr. Sponaugle can afford his fees cause he has Dr. Phil sending him more patients than he can handle and the advertisers of the Dr. Phil show are footing the bill. If not for Dr. Phil and Suzanne Summers he could not ask a third of those charges he is asking.

But any doctor could just about do what he does if they would just do it. I ask my pain doctor to find someone and he laughed and said his job was to keep me on the meds. My intergrative actually says it sounds very promising, but you would need someone with anesthiesia experience to follow you through and an anesthsiologist are some of the highest paid doctors, but probably have highest insurance to. My chiropractors office used to have one and he left. They never replaced him and I asked why and was told starting was 210,000 a year and after five years and getting "fellowship"?? was $255,000 a year.