• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rage from Niacin, Methylation Related?

Charles555nc

I took a single dose of Niacin (Niacinamide), 500mg, and developed extreme rage for about 3 hours afterward. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced and/or whether this reaction was methylation related? I feel a bit better after the Niacin than before I took the Niacin. There is alot of people, in internet searches, who advocate taking large doses of Niacin.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Another possibility - niacin kills Cpn (Chlamydia Pneumoniae), so could be causing rage that way.

p.s. I would always advocate building up your dose of niacin slowly. Currently I'm quartering a 100mg tablet (so taking 25mg).

Charles555nc

You taking Niacin or Niacinamide? I tested positive to CPN. Are there any other supplements that kill CPN?

place

Be Strong!
Yeah... I had some rage... When I first started mythl, that was the only sign I had that something is going on.

Originally I thought it had to do with my... um... monthly cycle and my personality but no it was the b12. I did not lower my dose and it slowly went away in about a week.

I have noticed from what people say is that symptoms tend to come and go in the duration of a week.

I have increased my doses and the rage is still gone. It is the same type of rage that I get when on steriods =)

place

Be Strong!
Also I forgot to add

also....

I am NOT taking a b complex yet so, it is just the b12s. AND as I read the full post, I also was high in CPN. The highest my doctor has ever seen. Yeah for me! =(

I just got my b complex in mail and will start tomorrow. I will let you know if I have anymore roid rage!

garcia

You taking Niacin or Niacinamide? I tested positive to CPN. Are there any other supplements that kill CPN?

I take both, but it is the niacin which kills cpn (not niacinamide).

NAC will kill the Elementary Body / spore form of Cpn.

Various antibacterial herbs may also have an effect.

garcia

What dose Niacin do you recemmend?

Start off with the lowest dose you can. I'm currently taking 1/4 of 100mg tablet, so 25mg. I don't take it every day, just when I feel like. Just build up the dose slowly. P.s. niacin will not rid you of a CPn infection. It is just an adjunct therapy.

Freddd

I took a single dose of Niacin (Niacinamide), 500mg, and developed extreme rage for about 3 hours afterward. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced and/or whether this reaction was methylation related? I feel a bit better after the Niacin than before I took the Niacin. There is alot of people, in internet searches, who advocate taking large doses of Niacin.

Hi Charles555,

Please look at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?17876-HYPERSENSITIVITY-IDENTIFIED and tell me if it fits on various items. I'll have a better profile soon.

Charles555nc

I went into a mini crash after taking Niacin for a week, some thiamin helped me out of it...maybe limiting factors?

Freddd

Hi Charles,

I have a couple of questions. Do you generally have anxiety? A fearful outlook? Avoidence of "thrill" sprts and entertainments. Rage? Volitile shifting moods?