• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valtrex and being nauseous

Has any one gotten nauseous on valtrex. Take 1gm 3xday with ritidine. Been on it for a month and am starting to get upset stomach.

ukxmrv

I've been fine with Valrex but have never taken it during the morning when I am prone to nausea or at that dose or with Ritidine. Really sorry to hear that it is making you nauseous.

Zensational

I recently started on on Acyclovir 800mg, 4 times daily. I believe this drug in similar in chemical make-up to Valtrex. Dr. Dantini also prescribes Zantac 300mg twice daily to help reduce stomach acid since stomach acid makes Acyclovir less effective as an antiviral.
This drug is to be taken after a meal. He also told me to place the pill, which is quite large, under my tongue and let it dissolve. This would minimize the side effects which can be nausea and headache.

SOC

He also told me to place the pill, which is quite large, under my tongue and let it dissolve. This would minimize the side effects which can be nausea and headache.

Good lord! Those things are monsters. How long does one take to dissolve? As I recall, they taste pretty awful, too. I suppose it's better than becoming nauseous. :D