• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New here with a methilation protocol question

Hi there,

I am new here but have been reading posts for quite a while now.

I will be starting Rich's methilation protocol following my next visit to the doctor's in a few weeks. At my last visit he had me research and order the supplements required (I have received them)

I had the testing done by Vitamin Diagnostics and have low glutathione and a partial block to the methylation cycle. Other testing I have had has shown that I have elevated reverse T3 and I am also gluten intolerant. In addition I am low in B12, ferritin and vitamin d. I can't find my results :confused: otherwise I would post them

I am currently taking what feels like a meal of supplements (as per the doctor). Here is what I currently take:

Lypo spheric glutathione 450 2x per day
Enada Nadh 1x per day
800 mcg of Folinic acid
3000 vitamin C
2000 magnesium
2 Adreno smart
200 selenium
Mutagenic wellness essentials for women vitamin am and pm packs
400 Vitamin E
50 mg vitamin B6
1000 omega 3
5000 B12 methylcolben
2000 vitamin D

I also take T3 for reverse T3

My question is when I start the new protocol seeing everything that i already take should I continue with the 800 mcg of Folinic acid and 5000 b12?

Pretty long winded, sorry.

Thanks for any input

hixxy

Hi there,

I am new here but have been reading posts for quite a while now.

I will be starting Rich's methilation protocol following my next visit to the doctor's in a few weeks. At my last visit he had me research and order the supplements required (I have received them)

I had the testing done by Vitamin Diagnostics and have low glutathione and a partial block to the methylation cycle. Other testing I have had has shown that I have elevated reverse T3 and I am also gluten intolerant. In addition I am low in B12, ferritin and vitamin d. I can't find my results :confused: otherwise I would post them

I am currently taking what feels like a meal of supplements (as per the doctor). Here is what I currently take:

Lypo spheric glutathione 450 2x per day
Enada Nadh 1x per day
800 mcg of Folinic acid
3000 vitamin C
2000 magnesium
2 Adreno smart
200 selenium
Mutagenic wellness essentials for women vitamin am and pm packs
400 Vitamin E
50 mg vitamin B6
1000 omega 3
5000 B12 methylcolben
2000 vitamin D

I also take T3 for reverse T3

My question is when I start the new protocol seeing everything that i already take should I continue with the 800 mcg of Folinic acid and 5000 b12?

Pretty long winded, sorry.

Thanks for any input

I'm fairly confident that if Rich comments on this, he will tell you to swap the folinic acid for methylfolate and depending on your level of reduced glutathone on your methylation panel, maybe swap back to hydroxob12 at some point?

How's your program making you feel as it is? Any improvements?.

hixxy

I'm fairly confident that if Rich comments on this, he will tell you to swap the folinic acid for methylfolate and depending on your level of reduced glutathone on your methylation panel, maybe swap back to hydroxob12 at some point?

How's your program making you feel as it is? Any improvements?.

hixxy

Hi Hixxy ,
I just ran out of the B12 I was using and I have the hydroxide B12, should I be taking 5000 (5 drops) of that also?

I didn't think the progradowns doing any good, in fact I've had many days thinking things were worse than before and then yesterday I had a really good day, one that I can hope is only the beginning of many ( fingers crossed)

Thanks

greenshots

Hi Hixxy ,
I just ran out of the B12 I was using and I have the hydroxide B12, should I be taking 5000 (5 drops) of that also?

I didn't think the progradowns doing any good, in fact I've had many days thinking things were worse than before and then yesterday I had a really good day, one that I can hope is only the beginning of many ( fingers crossed)

Thanks

If you've recently started many of these supplements, you would feel worse than before due to start up symptoms (also called detox). The first few weeks are usually the hardest but for some people, the first few months are bad and then things sorta even out. Its not always easy to say since we are all so different. I agree with Hixxy on Switching the folinic to methylfolate instead. The methyl B12 can be hard on people with specific genetic combos but typically, adults have much more start up symptoms on methyl than hydroxy when compared to kids, regardless of genes. I'd. Probably start out with hydroxy and if needed, swicth back later to methyl when your stronger.

Good luck & keep trudging on, you'll get there!
Angela

Hi Angela,

Thanks for replying.

For several years I have taken many different supplements, including drinking wheat grass and other interesting concoctions, I am hoping that finally I have found the right combination ( and maybe the ones I have taken before will help me tolerate this combination (a girl can hope right?))

I have been on 5000 B12 for almost a year, is the hydroxy better? Also, I was taking 5000 of the methyl should I take the same amount of the hydroxy?

The last few days I have been feeling really good, I am feeling hope that this will continue...

Have a great day!

greenshots

Ya know, if you are finally feeling so much better, why change anything? I know each person has what they think is better on their list but in the end, it has to be what you feel and how you get through your life. I think things are hard enough!
So I wouldn't change things if they are finally better. The methyl vs. hydroxy debate comes from genes and if you can tolerate the methyl (and it actually absorbs) then I'd have to say your genes must allow for it and its ok. The key is having methylfolate on board with methyl B12 (or hydroxy) so if you have them on together and are getting along, that's all one can ask for.

Angela

Hi Angela,

Thanks for replying.

For several years I have taken many different supplements, including drinking wheat grass and other interesting concoctions, I am hoping that finally I have found the right combination ( and maybe the ones I have taken before will help me tolerate this combination (a girl can hope right?))

I have been on 5000 B12 for almost a year, is the hydroxy better? Also, I was taking 5000 of the methyl should I take the same amount of the hydroxy?

The last few days I have been feeling really good, I am feeling hope that this will continue...

Have a great day!