• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peroxynitrite: biochemistry, pathophysiology and development of therapeutics

nanonug

I think my brain needs to be plugged in for a charge before I contemplate reading that.

Agreed, it is a tough article to read. I have myself only read it "diagonally". I posted it because I think it is very relevant to our understanding of ME.

SOC

hixxy

The one thing about the pall protocll is that, the recommended supplements cover so many bases that they could cause improvement in almost any illness regardless of being a NO/ONOO- cycle disease or not. So the jury is certainly still out on that theory I think. I've noticed the yahoo support group for The Tenth Paradigm is virtually dead now too.

hixxy

SOC

The one thing about the pall protocll is that, the recommended supplements cover so many bases that they could cause improvement in almost any illness regardless of being a NO/ONOO- cycle disease or not. So the jury is certainly still out on that theory I think. I've noticed the yahoo support group for The Tenth Paradigm is virtually dead now too.

hixxy

I agree, it covers a lot of bases. There is some thought that his protocol works by fixing methylation blocks rather than by the NO/ONOO- theory Dr Pall puts forward. I'd agree that the jury is still out. Still, whatever it's doing, the protocol does seem to be of some benefit.

hixxy

I agree, it covers a lot of bases. There is some thought that his protocol works by fixing methylation blocks rather than by the NO/ONOO- theory Dr Pall puts forward. I'd agree that the jury is still out. Still, whatever it's doing, the protocol does seem to be of some benefit.

Funny you say that. I believe at some point Dr Pall believed the methylation treatmented worked because it downregulated the NO/ONOO- cycle.

Gotta love scientists and doctors protecting their theories!

hixxy

SOC

Funny you say that. I believe at some point Dr Pall believed the methylation treatmented worked because it downregulated the NO/ONOO- cycle.

Gotta love scientists and doctors protecting their theories!

hixxy

Yes, I've heard the same. :D I think the necessary supplements are essentially the same in the two protocols. It's just the theories about why it works that are different.

hixxy

Yes, I've heard the same. :D I think the necessary supplements are essentially the same in the two protocols. It's just the theories about why it works that are different.

Except in the case of those that require methyb12. This just blows Pall's theory to pieces.

SOC

Except in the case of those that require methyb12. This just blows Pall's theory to pieces.

Good point. Maybe one theory will prove true, maybe the other, or quite possibly neither. I don't have a dog in this race, so I'm open to any of these outcomes. :D

hixxy

Good point. Maybe one theory will prove true, maybe the other, or quite possibly neither. I don't have a dog in this race, so I'm open to any of these outcomes. :D

For me, I'm still rooting for the pathogen hunt! I don't believe any of the rest will do much good until then.

hixxy

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I believe this is one of the areas that Dr. Pall (if he is a doctor) and richvank butt heads and go down a different path. I'm not sure about this, but I'm sure richvank would be interested in it since it is part (or plays a part) in the methylation cycle. Hopefully he can summarized it for us, so that I do not blow a fuse on it. Thanks

hixxy

I believe this is one of the areas that Dr. Pall (if he is a doctor) and richvank butt heads and go down a different path. I'm not sure about this, but I'm sure richvank would be interested in it since it is part (or plays a part) in the methylation cycle. Hopefully he can summarized it for us, so that I do not blow a fuse on it. Thanks

I'm fairly sure Martin Pall is a PHD of Biochemistry. Not a medical doctor.

Is Pall even working on these theories anymore? Haven't heard anything new from him in a fair while.