• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Extragastrointestinal manifestations of Helicobacter pylori infection: Facts or myth?

SaraM

Interesting. Apparently the stool antigen test is highly accurate? Maybe I'll get that one done. At least it can be done from home and don't need to beg a doctor to order bloods.

you can do the blood test through life extension website.

anciendaze

Crap -- I'm homozygous G for that one too.
An appropriate response to results of a genetic stool test. :angel:

I want to point out that in every case of a carcinogenic virus or bacterial pathogen there are strains, often many strains, which do not cause cancer. This leads to questions about where the dangerous genes originate. By and large these have not been answered. While there is enormous controversy about retroviruses infecting human cells there is much less question that some do insert genes in bacteria or even other viruses. An underlying retroviral infection would explain the apparently spontaneous origin of oncogenic strains of EBV, HPV, etc. Why not H. pylori as well?