• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detection of Helicobacter pylori in Human Carotid Atherosclerotic Plaques

xchocoholic

Hi nanonug,

It wasn't in my case. My labs and breath test for many years for h pylori were negative till Oct / nov 2011 when I until I actually caught it. It can definitely make us worse tho. It made my oi so bad I could barely stand up without my heart racing. Of course it did a number on my digestion too.

I finished treating this in jan 2012 and my metametix labs as of march 2012, are negative again. : ) All of my h pylori symptoms, gastroparesis, gerd, nausea, extreme oi, were eliminated via 1 treatment regime. Kow ..

Tc .. X

nanonug

I finished treating this in jan 2012 and my metametix labs as of march 2012, are negative again. : ) All of my h pylori symptoms, gastroparesis, gerd, nausea, extreme oi, were eliminated via 1 treatment regime.

Good to know!

H. pylori is a very nasty bug as the study above shows, for example. What you should be on the lookout, though, is that it may return very easily. On top of that, it is quite common for people infected with H. pylori to end up with bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine.

xchocoholic

The bismuth in pepto bismal helps kill this too. I really need to look into bismuth further. If I remember correctly its some type of mineral.

I was really really sick with h pylori and needing a nausea med when I found that pepto treats nausea and kills h pylori. I took it for a few days non stop until a freind of mine told me that room temp lemon water would work as well. It actually worked better for me ..

My tongue, the inside of my mouth and any kind of film I had on my teeth turned black for about 2 weeks while I was treating this. This can happen with pepto b but it lasted much longer than the time I took the pepto.

I also had new pits in my teeth from all of this. My front teeth too so you can imagine my horror. lol .. It took me several weeks to get rid of the after effects on my teeth. I had to stop using Toms tp with xylitol, scrub my teeth and tongue with a little baking soda to get rid of the film and now I'm using Crest tartar control but sparingly since it burns sometimes.

THis article mirrors what I was told.

http://www.starpoli.com/helio/

When is Treatment Necessary?
Since the infection is so common, it is sometimes recommended that no treatment be given when there are no symptoms. However, these recommendations may change as more research develops. Increasingly, physicians are treating the acute ulcer with acid-reducing medicines and treating the infection with antibiotics.

Interestingly, one of these antibiotics is a bismuth compound that is available over-the-counter as Pepto-Bismol. It is also available as a generic drug called bismuth subsalicylate. The bismuth part of the medicine actually kills the bacteria.

However, do not go to the drugstore and purchase a bottle of Pepto-Bismol, expecting this alone to cure the infection. H. pylori is buried deep in the stomach mucous, so it is difficult to get rid of this infection. Several antibiotic drugs are always used together to prevent the bacteria from developing resistance to any one of them.

Current medical studies are being done to develop earlier treatment programs for this difficult infection.

tc .. x

PS. The symptoms of H pylori I listed were new and different from what I've seen with my ME/CFS.