• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC video about Lyme Disease and avoiding ticks

Bob

I watched this with great interest. Does it mean my GP will recognise the presence of Lyme in the UK? We'll see...

I don't know much about Lyme disease, but it's been pointed out to me that there is a difference between acute Lyme disease, and chronic Lyme disease, and that chronic Lyme disease is more controversial. I don't know if I've got this entirely correct though, as my memory isn't clear about it.

I don't know much about Lyme disease, but it's been pointed out to me that there is a difference between acute Lyme disease, and chronic Lyme disease, and that chronic Lyme disease is more controversial. I don't know if I've got this entirely correct though, as my memory isn't clear about it.

I think that the sort of testing used is also important. There's lots of dodgy tests for Lyme disease about, and this can be used to wrongly claim that patients have chronic lyme.

There are also some GP's who just seem to commit to bizarre beliefs about things because of what they learned in medical school twenty years ago.