• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Improving steadily on Regimen, added hormones to the list

Charles555nc

My Regimen:

Every day

5 grams of sodium ascorbate per meal
2 grams of glycine per meal (can be reduced to 1 gram per meal after 2 months, same for lysine and proline)
2 grams of lysine per meal
2 grams of proline per meal
40,000iu beta carotene per meal

A bananna a day (for potassium, and necessary if you are liver flushing to reduce sick feeling)
4 drops of Lugols Iodine per day (reduce if you get wetness in your nose, or pain at the base of your neck)
800mg Malic Acid twice a day (except on flush day, if you choose to do that)
400iu Vitamin E
500mg Calcium carbonate twice a day (spread out- apparently works as anti-histamine, also, dont take same day as EDTA)
2, 25mg DHEA tablets, spread out (can increase to 3x a day depending on how you feel, and your age, older=more)
2, 50mg Tablets of pregnenolone in the morning
2, 500mg Acetyl l carnitine, (for nerve healing)

Twice a week (dont take any of them same day as EDTA)

Molybendum
Boron
Zinc
Manganese
B vitamin complex
Jarrow Methyl b12 sublingal pill under the tongue
Source Naturals Dibencozide (adenosybl b12) under the tongue

Once a week

Methyl folate 400mcg
A big glass of organic green tea

Drugs

Tindamax 3 a day for 2 days per week, anti lyme drug
Benicar 40mg twice a day at least- part of the marshal protocol for activating the vdr, avoid sunlight
.5mg LDN once a week (discontinue if Rosacea develops, and retake when Rosacea resolves)

Alternative health procedure

Revised Gallbladder flush:

-(take no supplements or apple containing product not mentitioned after the first 5 days (days 6 and 7))

-take malic acid 800mg twice a day for first 5 days. This helps to dissolve gallstones a bit so they are able to leave the gallbladder.

-on the 6th day, eat no fat the whole day and no eating at all after 12pm, at 2:30pm take 1 teaspoons of epsom salts, 3:00 1 teaspoon epsom salt, 3:30 take another teaspoon, 4:00pm take the fourth and final teaspoon of epsom salt. With every dose of epsom salt I recemmend taking 2 grams sodium ascorbate (vit c) to prevent feeling sick.

4:00pm-8:00pm Drink plenty of pure water.

-at 8:30pm take a half cup of extra virgin olive oil and half cup lemon or grapefruit juice, (if you have done at least 10 flushes already then at 8:45pm take another half cup extra virgin olive oil and half cup lemon or grapefruit juice) Try to relax and go to bed. You may feel sick afterward but try to keep your stomach calm.

-get comfortable and rest for an hour. Take 4 grams vitamin c to absorb toxins. Get to sleep when you can.

-on the 7th day's morning, upon waking, take another 10-15 grams sodium ascorbate (vitamin c) to exceed bowel tolerance, causing a bowel movement, and to detox and push out the old bile from the intestines.

Start eating very light for the next 5 or 6 hours. Like a bananna or oatmeal or a salad. After about 2pm you can start eating normally again (dont over do it).

You will pass green stones and debris in your bowel movements. I like 35 lbs of fat over 4 or 5 flushs this way. My skin and energy improved a bit and I am actually doing one tonight.

Chelation/Anti- Biofilm

+Edta chelation (detoxamin suppositories) + alpha lipoic acid (both also anti biofilm), both only once a week

*GG*

".5mg LDN once a week (discontinue if Rosacea develops, and retake when Rosacea resolves)"

Is the Rosacea typical for LDN users or perhpas just for you?

GG

mellster

Marco
Hey Charles, first of all I am happy for your progress, that is awesome. I have been taking part in the K-PAX trial and the K-PAX formula is somewhat similar to the list of supplements you are taking. I have been doing well on the trial though I was functional before. I like the K-PAX formula as it is fairly complete.

hixxy

".5mg LDN once a week (discontinue if Rosacea develops, and retake when Rosacea resolves)"

Is the Rosacea typical for LDN users or perhpas just for you?

GG

I had major skin problems on LDN. I discontinued it. These spots broke out all over my back and some on my arms that refused to heal and all leave scars.

xks201

I take 200mg DHEA. My buddy had his levels tested and 200mg didn't even put him above range. My DHEA levels were 200 something but they can get up to 500 and be at the top end. I don't notice any positive effects unless I take at least 200mg/day. Gut absorption probably has a lot to do with it.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I'm considering trying either DHEA or pregnenolone. Any thoughts on which one?

Try to get dhea to a normal level using small dosage increments over several weeks or months, maybe 5-10mg increments to around 25mg and then get tested. Once dhea is cool, then slowly add pregnenolone in 5-10mg increments maybe up to 50mg or whatever feels right. That is how i have done it. Preg can increase cortisol and to avoid any wired side effects fromt it i think its helpful to get dhea healthy first has it helps to balance the effects of cortisol.

cheers!!!

L'engle

moogle
Try to get dhea to a normal level using small dosage increments over several weeks or months, maybe 5-10mg increments to around 25mg and then get tested. Once dhea is cool, then slowly add pregnenolone in 5-10mg increments maybe up to 50mg or whatever feels right. That is how i have done it. Preg can increase cortisol and to avoid any wired side effects fromt it i think its helpful to get dhea healthy first has it helps to balance the effects of cortisol.

cheers!!!

Thanks heaps, heaps!

Ema

I'm considering trying either DHEA or pregnenolone. Any thoughts on which one?

Are you male or female?

Have you tested cortisol (saliva), sex hormones and DHEA recently?

There is a stage in adrenal dysfunction where DHEA can actually go high before dropping very low. The test results are important because in that case, the last thing you would want to do is supplement more DHEA.

L'engle

moogle
Are you male or female?

Have you tested cortisol (saliva), sex hormones and DHEA recently?

There is a stage in adrenal dysfunction where DHEA can actually go high before dropping very low. The test results are important because in that case, the last thing you would want to do is supplement more DHEA.

Thanks, Ema. I'm a 32 year old woman. A doctor ran all the hormone tests and even though DHEA was in range (not high), She prescribed DHEA for me, as the blood tests aren't that great. At the time I thought it safer to try the 7-Keto variety, but it didn't do too much (against her advice, as she thought regular DHEA would be better). Since that doctor is 5 hours away, and shipping DHEA to Canada can be tricky, I never got around to trying it. I've ordered 5mg tablets.

Ema

If that test was fairly recent, I would feel comfortable supplementing DHEA. The lipid matrix form is usually best because it skips first pass processing through the liver. Don't fret if you have already ordered something else though just keep in mind that you may need to adjust your dosing up a bit to compensate.

Women generally need much less than men. I would feel comfortable at 5-10 mg a day. I would also get DHEA-S tested in 3 months or so and use that to help guide your dose.

Personally, I had terrible luck with pregnenolone on two separate trials but I know people where the opposite is true. It depends a lot on the state of all your other hormones and a bit of trial and error.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Progesterone creams can work better for women as the body can make other hormones it needs from it as well as it having anti-anxiety effects and can help sleep.

cheers!!!

Charles555nc

I just started learning about Niacin. Its improving my brain symptoms and general mood. I read its good as natural antibiotic and works to kill chlamydia pneumonae (CPN).

Ive read mixed information about progresterone and I had to go on 12.5mg 7 keto progesterone, because of facial skin irritation.