• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Results from my methylation treatment - week by week

redo

That sounds very likely Rich.

I am looking forward to getting started again, just have to wait until things stabilize, and I'll begin with B12 :Retro smile:. I didn't get these reactions to abx in the past, but after the severe worsening I got when I was on ARVs, I react to everything differently; stress, abx, food.

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
I love your avatar, Redo. I saw the picture on a book about some Avante Garde artist and thought of you!
Trif

redo

This are somewhat stable at the moment, so I have begun on the methylation protocol again. This time on all the five, at normal doses.

redo

I've been on the methylation protocol for 10 days now. Yesterday I began feeling more lethargic, and I've got more brainfog and concentration problems.

Hard to pinpoint what's causing it. It could be from overexertion after some social Easter days, or from the methylation protocol, or from some high dosed Alimemazine I've been using a couple of nights for sleep, although I've been off it today. And, I've just begun some melatonin called puritans rapid release 10 mg which might be causing it. I've used 5 mg sustained release + 5 mg subligual earlier.

I'll wait some days and see if it goes away.

Edit: On the 11th of April I've got some anxiousness thing going on, I'm more restless as well.

On the 13th the anxoisness like thing stopped.

redo

I've been on the protocol for two weeks now. Today I've got the spacy disconnected thing coming, had it yesterday as well. Thinking I'll stick (what will hopefully be) through it.

redo

I am 26 days out in the protocol now. So far not much have changed. I am more unstable, and I have more problems with concentrating, hopefully that's just transient. My health has been going more up and down, even before I started, so it might be coincidental.

And, the latest days I've got this anxiousness thing going on (something which hasn't occurred prior to getting started). It has waxed and waned some.

redo

The last days I've got a totally new symptom (or one I haven't had in almost 10 years), which is really stiff, sore and constantly achy neck muscles. Are there others who's had that as a side effect? I am 33 days out in the treatment now... Hoping it'll have some effect soon.

The last days I've got a totally new symptom (or one I haven't had in almost 10 years), which is really stiff, sore and constantly achy neck muscles. Are there others who's had that as a side effect? I am 33 days out in the treatment now... Hoping it'll have some effect soon.
Hi Redo,
My head, neck, and shoulder muscles are always in knots. I haven't gotten any relief from this on the methylation protocol. If you discover any great secrets, let me know!

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
I am 26 days out in the protocol now. So far not much have changed. I am more unstable, and I have more problems with concentrating, hopefully that's just transient. My health has been going more up and down, even before I started, so it might be coincidental.

And, the latest days I've got this anxiousness thing going on (something which hasn't occurred prior to getting started). It has waxed and waned some.

Pretty much all I got from the protocol, except I also got diarrhea from one of the cofactors. It was only when I added sublingual glutathione to the mix that my concentration returned. After a couple of months I dropped the B's and focussed more on glutathione. My focus has returned, however I lost a bit of weight and strength. Not sure whether weight had picked up prior to starting Bs or after or if weight loss is due to going off B's. I may try the protocol again in a few months time to see if the weight thing was linked.

redo

Thank you for your feedback Therron and Rusty. I have a dilemma right now, stay on the methylation protocol for another two-three weeks, and get closer to the point where most get better, or take a break and see if the neck fixes itself.

redo

I haven't tried that. Thank you for your reply. Can you elaborate a little about how that could be beneficial?

adreno

PR activist
I haven't tried that. Thank you for your reply. Can you elaborate a little about how that could be beneficial?

There has been tons of threads on this, so I'm surprised if this is news to you. When methylation starts, new cells are created, which require potassium, hence blood levels drop. Many seem to need 1500-3000mg extra.

place

Be Strong!
I am on week 4 of FAP The potassium was amazing. the difference was amazing. I went from on the sofa sick to doing light chores in 15 minutes!

The first few weeks I had some weird stuff like my neck/upper back hurting. The only good body part i have is my back. but the pain went away in two nights. other weird things like yesterday my arms and wrist hurt, no provocation. then it went away.

I am on the higher end of functioning, perhaps those who are more severe take longer to heal?

redo

There has been tons of threads on this, so I'm surprised if this is news to you. When methylation starts, new cells are created, which require potassium, hence blood levels drop. Many seem to need 1500-3000mg extra.

I haven't got the health to do much reading lately, so that's why I haven't dug as deep into this as I'd like. Thanks for the tip.

@place, what's FAP?

maddietod

Redo, I'd get right on top of the potassium issue. Freddd's advice is to pop 5 of them at a time, and you should get relief pretty fast. Rich has started talking about it recently also.

Snowathlete had to get an ambulance to the hospital for low potassium induced by methylation startup. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...all-an-ambulance-because-potassium-got-so-low

I take 6 tablets 3x a day (1800mg total). I've experimented with not taking potassium, and I get the stiffness, and also nausea. Within a few days, my progress stops and I start losing ground.

Freddd started this thread, and Rich chimed in in post #3: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...OTASSIUM-IS-DANGEROUS&highlight=low+potassium

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Is lowered potassium the cause of the mental fatigue, loss of concentration? A lot of the posts only seem to mention physical lack of strength.

adreno

PR activist
Is lowered potassium the cause of the mental fatigue, loss of concentration? A lot of the posts only seem to mention physical lack of strength.

It can be. Electrolyte imbalance is a cause of brain fog.