• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Could aluminum in our bodies act as an antigen and make us sick?

snowathlete

also you get it through antiperspirants and i think fish (might be wrong about that), and then there are kitchen utensils. I looked into it and was surprised to find that vacines actually dont have alot of it in there. Still, i wish they had none.

You can take Silica supplements to help get it out of your body, and some spring waters, like Volvic have some of that in naturally.

Dirk Gently fans, and others with an interest in the web of interconnected events, may be interested in the latest Camelford news today:

Camelford water poisoning: Aluminium in brain 'beyond belief' - BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-17246490

Is aluminium really a silent killer? - The Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/9119528/Is-aluminium-really-a-silent-killer.html

...and in the report of a certain Prof Wessely ("The Legend of Camelford"), arguing that the symptoms perceived by the poisoned Camelford residents were influenced by the stress of knowing that they had been poisoned, and by the 'prospect of litigation'...and that therefore there was no point in studying the long-term effects of the poisoning on their health because somebody (him) would just argue that any increased levels of dementia might have been caused by this stress, rather than by the poisoning...
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?8439

There was also some very interesting Alzheimer's research from Germany a year or so ago; unfortunately I can't track down the link but my recollection is that their research suggested that B12 may play a key role in detoxing metals from the nervous system - if this is the case, then depletion of levels of B12 and folates may be the consequence of high levels of metals needing to be detoxed, or, conversely, low levels of B12 and folates may reduce the body's ability to detox metals, leading to neurological symptoms.

*GG*

also you get it through antiperspirants and i think fish (might be wrong about that), and then there are kitchen utensils. I looked into it and was surprised to find that vacines actually dont have alot of it in there. Still, i wish they had none.

You can take Silica supplements to help get it out of your body, and some spring waters, like Volvic have some of that in naturally.

I guess the amount of aluminum in vaccines is relative? My impression is that with all the vaccines required now a days, it's cumulative. The aluminum is supposed to "amplify" the reaction of the "virus" in vaccines, at least that is my understanding.

GG

SilverbladeTE

Again, note how often Weseasl-Bum gets trotted out to say "Oh it's perfeclty safe, go back to sleep, sheeple!" over some industry related problem, eh?
Oh why oh why is that?

If Camelford is proven criminal, as it damn well should be (the company deliberately covered it up for over two weeks, then Government ever since has refused ot hold a Public Inquiry, which is almost unheard of), that's negligent homicide, at best.
if cover up and they refused to warn folk/get treatment etc, that's murder.

And if they got the Weasel to write a polemic for it, well, why did they set him on us?
All about profit and power.

alex3619

I dont think aluminium can be an antigen. However, metals and other minerals can bind with your own proteins and turn them into potential antigens, leading to autoimmune issues. Aluminium like any metal can be toxic though. Since it stimulates the immune system, this could mean an increased of autoimmune disease to aluminium bound to your proteins.

Bye, Alex

alex3619

If you watch the talk in the link at the top of this thread yes it can.

Hi fla, he agrees with me. What he says is that aluminium can combine with protein or carbs and lead to antigen responses. So when he says aluminium is an antigen, he means bound metals. Its even in the title of one of the papers he uses in his presentation. Bye, Alex

alex3619

Hi fla, you are correct, he does say that at about 23 minutes, I missed it because he got me thinking about aluminium carb binding - I guess I was in a world of my own.

I am not particularly concerned with free alumium as an antigen though, not by itself. However such antibodies might cross react with aluminium bound to things - in other words, rather than being an autoimmune issue it might be a risk for autoimmunity. All antibodies bound to free aluminium should do is remove the aluminium - no harm done.

You might like to see Exleys chapter here: http://www.herbalix.com/assets/Exley-Chapter-Al-and-Med.pdf

The paper where he cites Al and CFS is here:
http://www.me-cvs.nl/index.php?pageid=4760&printlink=true

Of much greater concern is the discussion of antacids and food allergies. Aluminium based antacids act like an adjuvant to the gut immune system and so increase the risk of developing food allergies. Exley makes a point that this is typically only seen at high doses, but the message I take away from this is that at lower doses there is lower risk, but still risk. So if you are prone to allergies, like many of us are, aluminium based food products, including antacids, are a big risk factor.

Bye, Alex

fla

Thanks for the links Alex. It does convince me to avoid absorbing aluminum. Anything that can confuse my immune system is a no-no... it's dysfunctional enough as it is.

fla

I am not particularly concerned with free alumium as an antigen though, not by itself. However such antibodies might cross react with aluminium bound to things - in other words, rather than being an autoimmune issue it might be a risk for autoimmunity. All antibodies bound to free aluminium should do is remove the aluminium - no harm done.
But if the aluminum remains in place and the immune system is constantly fighting a never ending battle against it, even though no tissue damage is done, the battle itself may be a cause for glutathione depletion and the many bad symptoms associated with that.

alex3619

Hi fla I essentially agree with this point, but the bound aluminium is most likely removed. Its the stuff that isn't bound that is the issue, as well as the locations in which aluminium concentrations can rise. It would be interesting to match aluminium locations with known CFS and ME issues. Bye, Alex

Dirk Gently fans, and others with an interest in the web of interconnected events, may be interested in the latest Camelford news today:

Camelford water poisoning: Aluminium in brain 'beyond belief' - BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-17246490

Is aluminium really a silent killer? - The Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/9119528/Is-aluminium-really-a-silent-killer.html

...and in the report of a certain Prof Wessely ("The Legend of Camelford"), arguing that the symptoms perceived by the poisoned Camelford residents were influenced by the stress of knowing that they had been poisoned, and by the 'prospect of litigation'...and that therefore there was no point in studying the long-term effects of the poisoning on their health because somebody (him) would just argue that any increased levels of dementia might have been caused by this stress, rather than by the poisoning...
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?8439

There was also some very interesting Alzheimer's research from Germany a year or so ago; unfortunately I can't track down the link but my recollection is that their research suggested that B12 may play a key role in detoxing metals from the nervous system - if this is the case, then depletion of levels of B12 and folates may be the consequence of high levels of metals needing to be detoxed, or, conversely, low levels of B12 and folates may reduce the body's ability to detox metals, leading to neurological symptoms.
The Aluminum in question in the Camelford water poisoning isn't the same as the Aluminum used as the adjuvant in vaccinations - Camelford was Aluminum Sulphate and the adjuvant is Aluminum Hydroxide.

HowToEscape?

Aluminum is common in nature, I believe it's the most common metal in Earth's crust (anyone know exactly?). So there is and always was some of it in your food, in the dust on the ground, well water and so on.

That doesn't mean it's wise to grind the stuff up and top your martini with it, but I've stopped worrying about aluminum utensils and such. I wouldn't simmer tomato sauce in bare Al, but generally I've crossed it off the worry list. Unless visiting Camelford, England or the water fountain in Simon Wessley's office.

I don't have a bio background --- can anyone here quantify the normal background intake of Al vs what you'd get from an antacid, alum baking powder, etc?

Enid

It may or may not have to with aluminium in particular but I recall quite a periond of everything tasting metallic for no reason added to which urine was cloudy, soapy and malodourous and sometimes neon orange. High potassium was found in testing.