• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chinese herbal mix that helps with sympatho-excitation

ramakentesh

I have been working with a clinical pharmacologist to come up with some herbal mixes that may have benefit for certain aspects of CFS and Dysautonomia,

We have one specifically that really seems to help for sympatho-excitation/CNS excitation. It contains four chinese herbs and each have a nunber of different actions so conclusive understanding of why they help is probably not possible.

If anyone would like to try the mix please let me know and I can tell you the ingredients.

MNC

I have been working with a clinical pharmacologist to come up with some herbal mixes that may have benefit for certain aspects of CFS and Dysautonomia,

We have one specifically that really seems to help for sympatho-excitation/CNS excitation. It contains four chinese herbs and each have a nunber of different actions so conclusive understanding of why they help is probably not possible.

If anyone would like to try the mix please let me know and I can tell you the ingredients.

I am interested. I have severe dysatonomia (tilt test), sympatho-excitation, anxiety, etc.

Please send me a private message if you wish.

invisiblejungle

It would be great if you could tell us what herbs are in the formula. I think most people could benefit from herbs that support kidney yin.

Does your formula have rehmannia?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I have to say I am very skeptical about a one size fits all type of formula when it comes to Chinese herbs, especially for those with a disease as complex as ME. I've been using TCM as my primary mode of healing for a couple decades. The most experienced people I know in this field would not be inclined to create a 4 herb formula to remedy a particular symptom and expect it to be effective exclusively because of its pharmacological agents. That's just NOT how TCM works.

If you consider the basic concepts of five element theory in relation to the INDIVIDUAL'S NEEDS in that particular moment, then you might find something that would be much more sound from both a diagnostic and clinical point of view. Formulas will come and go, depending on what is needed in that moment, and can vary greatly from one person to the next.

baccarat

I'm also skeptical...particularly when I hear of hypotheses around the etiology of CFS, considering that it's a "non" diagnosis and the basket is probably filled with patients with underlying different illnesses (me Lyme and other).
That's why I also believe that being too smart with this illness it usually doesn't pay.
Also I don't understand why you just don't openly say what these herbs are, if you think some may benefit.

ramakentesh

it is infact a global conspiracy of secrecy LOL.

I just didnt post them for time reasons.

While I acknowledge your points about their being many different etiologies possibly behind the illness that you call ME, (and I have never suggested otherwise) it is pretty clear why there is sympatho-excitation in forms of the disease where OI symptoms predominate based on clinical research and peer-reviewed results rather than patient speculation.

At no time did I claim that we had established the use of these herbs through any form of TCM practice or theory. There herbs seem to work for a variety of reasons, but the efficacy of a herbal preparation never proves any particular etilogical theory because they are so multifaceted. Licorice is a good example of this.

It seems there probably isnt any point posting the contents as some are obviously already so successfully treating their symptoms of excitation that they dont need my help. Ill pm those that appear genuinely interested. thanks

ramakentesh

the mixture contains 2 X round sections of steamed Rehmannia glutinosa root, 1 3 inch by 4 inch section of Eucommia bark, 2 pieces of Dang shen root, 3 strips of Astragalus root and sometimes mountain yam root strips (the white chalky stuff).

Seems to work quite well and in general improves mood without really effecting much else negatively which is a bonus for me at least.