• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Updated Updated Vitamin Protocol

Charles555nc

Every day

Vitamin C - 18 grams sodium ascorbate, 6 grams per meal (Im 210 lbs)
Lysine - 6 grams per day, 2 grams per meal. Combined with vitamin C, this is a
natural protease inhibitor.
Proline 6 grams per day, 2 grams per meal. Combined with vitamin C, this is a
natural protease inhibitor.
Glycine - 6 grams per day, 2 grams per meal. This is a natural protease inhibitor.
Co-Q10 200-600 mg per day
Lugols Iodine (5%)- 2 drops, once per day, weekends off
Beta Carotene- 60,000iu with each meal (3 times a day)
Jarrow Methyl b12 sublingal pill under the tongue
Source Naturals Dibencozide (adenosybl b12) under the tongue

Once a week unless listed otherwise

SAM-e (from gnc)- 400mg 3 times over a single day (ive tried 3 brands and sam-e from gnc only one I felt good on)
Magnesium
Malic Acid- 900mg every other day in the morning- you can take more depending on tolerance. I can tolerate it better after the large doses of vitamin c. Helps alot with skin, nerve, and muscle issues.
Potassium- a bananna a day, depending on how well u feel on them- potassium pills cause me to have a bad crash
Zinc gluconate (different day than edta suppository)
Edta (detoxamin) suppository
Other B vitamins- methyl folate, b6, b-5, niacin, Sulbutiamine (thiamine)
Copper (different day than edta suppository)
Raw Thyroid- half tablet

Drugs-

6 pills of tindimax a week (3 a day for 2 days) its lyme med that may work on mycoplasma

.5mg LDN once a week after youve been on the main protocol for at least 3 months ( I can tolerate it more now :D ) It has made me feel stronger in general, but more than once a week at that tiny dose can still cause serious effects like depression, rage and worsening roscea if I take it too often.

Feel free to leave a comment or suggestion, Im almost always adding or taking away from the list.

**Suggestion** dont take selenium or melatonin, and especially not together. Possible auto immune reaction- symptoms similar to brain damage/MS.

dannybex

Hi Charles,

I'm curious about your mention of selenium and symptoms similar to MS -- where did you read that, or how did you come to that conclusion? I've had tingling over the past week, and restarted selenium about a week ago, which I had stopped a few months ago.

(I also started adding some hijiki seaweed to my meals, which I found out is high in arsenic, so the tingling could be due to that as well.)

Anyway, wondering how you came to that conclusion (and the same w/melatonin -- have never heard of that reaction before).

Thanks,

Dan

gu3vara

I,m confused, in the once a week section, some items are described at once a day?

gu3vara

I'm interested in your protocol, I bought the supplements missing a month ago.

What worries me with those doses however is hurting my kidneys.

Right now I'm having a lot of nerve "awakening" from Freddd active protocol, hopefully I'll make as much progress as you, that's great for you.

I'll wait a month or two before adding glycine, lysine, proline and vit c in high dose. Just to be sure what does what exactly.

rydra_wong

Well, I am curious why you are taking some of this - what is a protease inhibitor supposed to do for you?

Why would you choose a form of Vitamin C with sodium? Do you have adrenal issues and need salt? I take this Vitamin C product: http://www.iherb.com/American-Healt...-Bioflavonoids-1000-mg-90-Capsules/13673?at=0 (It's calcium ascorbate).

Do you have hypothyroid? Because I took Iodoral, which is a capsule form of Lugol's, and I ended up with hyperthyroid. Careful of that large dose. It manifested as a buzzing in my head and unilateral brain swelling...I could barely think around it, and also palpitations. I do not remember all the sypmtoms but they exactly fit the medical term "thyroid storm". (Could have caused heart attack). So careful and be alert. I kow some people need it but maybe not forever - sure not a foever thing with me!

Why beta carotene? The active form of it is Vitamin A. SOme people cant make vitamin A out of beta carotene very well - can you? (If you have tiny white blisters on your arms, that is a sign of Vitamin A deficiency...). Seems like a high dose of beta caroteen to me. Is it?

Why are you picking and choosing with the B vitamins? You know they are used synergistically together? And proper methylation also requires B2, which you are not taking at all! I take this B complex a2x/day nd it has all active B's and works well for me:

http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Basic-B-Complex-60-Veggie-Caps/18791?at=0

Thorne also makes several multis (with and without iron) that contain only active B's. You need a multi for trace minerals. Of course they have selenium because selenium has been proven in studies to PREVENT auto-immune! Especially auto-immune thyroid! (I think you must be feeling something else - in the studies they measure these things). I think w/o a good multi you are more likely to experience issues they call "startup issues" as you open up the methylation pathway and it exposes other deficienies you were blocked from in the past.

I would take TMG rather than SAMe. TMG helps you recycle homocysteine faster (it only has one enzyme on that path instead of 2 on every other path to get rid of homocysteien so it is faster and especially important for keeping down post prandial homocysteine surges). I myself take an extra 50mg P5P to be sure I have drained away all excess homocysteine - it seems to help me feel better - and logically it makes me worry less when I have a high blood pressure episode, also it is needed to make serotonin out of 5-HTP and to protect the kidneys from glycation due to blood sugar so I have other interests in it as well. I do not know what form of thiamine that is you list. I take extra benfotiamine. Benfotiamine is an oil-soluble form of B1 which keeps it in the system to protect th ekidneys from glycation and is especially useful to diabetics. Insufficient B1 is also implicated in ataxia, something I have had on and off for 10 years.

EDTA scares the crap out of me and I would never take it. As far as I know it strips out all metals in you...so where are you replacing all metals - like calcium, chromium and vanadium, for example? You have no trace elements on your list. And how can you supplement these at the same time and hope you replenish? Even my doctor wants me to take that - because he knows heavy metals would mess up my genes and 'he wants to be sure' I dont have any. I hink EDTA would kill me. If I took it it wouldonly be at a doctors; office (which is the only way mine wants to give it to me), but I am not even up for it then.

Have you had your Vitamin D lvel checked and know that it is 70? Because insufficient Vitamin D also dysregulates the nethyl cycle. I take quite a high dose (7000IU/day) due to having the VDR genetic defect. You should look into it. You are not taking ANY D. fyi, even in Florida many people are deficient in D in the winter.

Charles555nc

You ask about 10 whys.

Lets see if I can answer your questions.

Edit: Missed a question, adding question "0"

0. Viruses use protease to enter your cells. Cfs has been linked to lots of viruses and potentially XMRV. Therefore preventing further infection of your body or reinfection after clearing a virus, well thats just a good thing to have happen if you want to recover. Those amino acids I mentitioned are also highly deficient in cfs patients.

1. High doses of calcium can feed cancer, bacterial, and viral infections. Epstein barr, hhv6, hiv, etc all disrupt and sequester calcium within the body. High salt is antisceptic and is easily removed by drinking lots of water and is balanced out by a bananna (potassium) a day. Acorbic acid, the other form of vitamin c, is just too much acid and bad for the body in large doses.

2. Im actually thinking of changing the Lugols drops to 5 drops for 5 days initiation period, and then 2 drops every other day. Slight difference I know. I dont know why you think iodine "turned you" hyperthyroid. Iodine is great for the body (particularly the thyroid) and the immune system, but ofc it IS something to be careful with.

3. Why betacarotene? Because your body turns whatever vitamin a it needs from the betacarotene and flushes the rest. There is no chance of a overdose of betacarotene and it has its own good properties inside the body aside from vitamin a production.

4. I had not read anything about riboflavin being essential from rich's and other people's methylation list. I can look into this.

5. I am 100% sure selenium and melatonin combo caused an autoimmune exaggeration. Do not take them if you are very ill with cfs. Ive gotten the same bad reaction over years of trying to make selenium/melatonin work. Never in my life have I heard selenium somehow "prevents" autoimmune. Now, Ive heard about zinc gluconate helping to calm down autoimmune reactions but "preventing"?

6. I like SAMe and havent heard much about TMG. Not everything is centered around methylation.

7. Edta scares the crap out of you....
You would be taking it as a suppository, once a week. It helps remove small amounts of calcium from the inside of your arteries, helping your blood pressure. It would remove small amounts of calcium from infected nerve cells, that are building up too much intracellular calcium because of disruption and sequestering from viruses. It removes iron, which feeds bacterial and viral growth. It removes aluminum from your brain which is indicated in Alzheimers. It removes lead. It removes metal particles from viruses, destroying them. Taking EDTA once a week (or even twice a week) means you dont have to mega dose anything to replace the lost metals. If you really wanted to take a calcium, chomium or vanadium pill one or two days after the edta, it wouldnt kill you either, but it is completely not necessary.

You should listen to your doctor and give EDTA a try. Except possibly you think all your metals will leave over one treatment? Ive taken one Edta suppository a week for the last year, and look forward to the boost it gives me, and helping me to feel more confident about preventing cancer, heart disease, calcium neuro toxicity, and Alzheimer's.

8. I still have kind of a bad reaction to vitamin D. I suggest you look into information on the marshal protocol, where they believe that your body over produces its own vitamin d, which prevents the body from attacking bacteria.

If you have more questions, Id love to answer them.

baccarat

Every day
Drugs-

6 pills of tindimax a week (3 a day for 2 days) its lyme med that may work on mycoplasma

.5mg LDN once a week after youve been on the main protocol for at least 3 months ( I can tolerate it more now :D ) It has made me feel stronger in general, but more than once a week at that tiny dose can still cause serious effects like depression, rage and worsening roscea if I take it too often.

Feel free to leave a comment or suggestion, Im almost always adding or taking away from the list.

**Suggestion** dont take selenium or melatonin, and especially not together. Possible auto immune reaction- symptoms similar to brain damage/MS.

Charles,
are you sure about the pulsing of Tindimax? I' did pulses in the past also with multiple antibiotics but never for just a couple of days as there could be a risk of creating resistant forms, particularly if you repeat that pattern week in week out. Do you have Lyme? usually you need to cover at least a life cycle of the organism (3 to 4 weeks?) to hit it during days it is vulnerable.

I tried most of your other remedies (no thyroid, lugol, edta and protease inhibitors) and only Vitamin C was helpful but only for a couple of years, after that it didn't work any longer.
I'm still on methylation and that helps.