• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Enlander to speak in the House of Lords

Nielk

Royal crown.jpg

Dr. Derek Enlander of NY (originally from Ireland) has been invited by the Countess of Mar to speak on ME/CFS in a meeting in the House of Lords in London on 6th March 2012

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Well he is Physician in Waiting to the Queen when she in New York. What a dear lovely man he is, shame for us he lives in the US now:( but would he be allowed to practice how he does if he was here, not a chance.

Nielk

"And I prescribe a dose of Imodium, for Dr Wessely, every time he opens his mouth, because he seems to have oral diarrhea!"

...sorry, just wishful thinking on what I'd like ot hear said in the House of Lords :D

Should I suggest it to him??:cool:

Nielk

Well he is Physician in Waiting to the Queen when she in New York. What a dear lovely man he is, shame for us he lives in the US now:( but would he be allowed to practice how he does if he was here, not a chance.

Yes, I agree - a dear lovely man - who happens to be brilliant and so caring to fight this illness.

Enid

Great things Nielk - not quite so stupid in our House of Lords (your Senate) are they - Countess of Marr back breaking work for decades.

Nielk

Great things Nielk - not quite so stupid in our House of Lords (your Senate) are they - Countess of Marr back breaking work for decades.

Can you imagine the Senate inviting him to speak? It would never happen. You Countess of Marr is exceptional!

Enid

Of all your Senators Neilk there must be one connected/familiar with/first hand knowledge of/no longer willing to hide/sees the extent of the disease for millions US - who can surely take up this cause.

ukxmrv

Dr Enlander often sees patients in the UK when he is here. I've seen him as a patient in London. Agree completely that he is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful man.

I'm really happy to hear about the HoL's

Nielk

Silver,

Dr. Enlander is actually going to be giving a talk in Belfast on March 1. I guess it is too far for you to travel there? I looked it up (google). It says almost 5 hours.

Nielk

In case anyone is questioning my sanity as to why I would waste my time to look this information up, you are right I am in too much pain today to do anything else. I can't move my head for the excruciating pain. I can't watch tv or listen to music. The noise is too much. I can't do my art, even in bed because the light has to be very dim. If this keeps up for a while, I would be checking my sanity myself.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Neilk join the club - no I for one am not doubting your sanity, I do things like this all the time. Its evidence to me of a once bright, sharp brain bored witless by the constraints of a body that does not work,just desperate for something to do.

Firestormm

Morning Neilk,

Do you have a link to this news of Enlander appearing in the Lords by any chance? I would like to pass on this information, though I can contact Lady Mar if needs be.

I wonder if it is a sub-meeting of the Lords or indeed at the meeting of Forward ME - the parliamentarian group that Lady Mar is involved with (used to Chair but am not sure if she does any longer due to her health I think).

Thanks

Nielk

Morning Neilk,

Do you have a link to this news of Enlander appearing in the Lords by any chance? I would like to pass on this information, though I can contact Lady Mar if needs be.

I wonder if it is a sub-meeting of the Lords or indeed at the meeting of Forward ME - the parliamentarian group that Lady Mar is involved with (used to Chair but am not sure if she does any longer due to her health I think).

Thanks

Hi Firestormm,

I don't have a link. I first heard it from Dr. Enlander himself. Then it was posted on his FB page. I did see Mary Schweitzer (who goes to him now for Ampligen) write about it and mention that it is for the group " ForwardME". I don't have an official link though.

Firestormm

Morning,

I asked Dr Shepherd if he knew anything about this House of Lords speech, and he was able to confirm the meeting is with Forward ME on the 6th as you said, rather than in the House of Lords chamber itself. It should be covered in the minutes of that meeting, and I'll try to get hold of them when they're published if I can.

Nielk

Morning,

I asked Dr Shepherd if he knew anything about this House of Lords speech, and he was able to confirm the meeting is with Forward ME on the 6th as you said, rather than in the House of Lords chamber itself. It should be covered in the minutes of that meeting, and I'll try to get hold of them when they're published if I can.

That would be great! Thanks firestormm.