• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sam's Club now carries Methylcobalamin Sublinguals

Idie

Hello Fredd,

Last week I received a flyer in the mail from Sam's Club touting that they are now carrying Methyl B-12. On my next trip to Sam's I picked up a bottle mostly for curiousity. It is called High Potency Sublingual Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin 2500 msg. It says it is laboratory tested for quality. Anyway, I have not tried it yet. The cost is very favorable---two bottles of 200 sublinguals for around $15.00. This may not be new to others but in our part of the country it is.

The real question is---how good is the quality and how would it stack up to Fredd's five star brands! Has anyone tried this new Simply Right brand by Sam's.

Freddd

Hello Fredd,

Last week I received a flyer in the mail from Sam's Club touting that they are now carrying Methyl B-12. On my next trip to Sam's I picked up a bottle mostly for curiousity. It is called High Potency Sublingual Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin 2500 msg. It says it is laboratory tested for quality. Anyway, I have not tried it yet. The cost is very favorable---two bottles of 200 sublinguals for around $15.00. This may not be new to others but in our part of the country it is.

The real question is---how good is the quality and how would it stack up to Fredd's five star brands! Has anyone tried this new Simply Right brand by Sam's.

Hi Idie,

I think largely it is a matter of the b12 crystal they start with. The tests really need to be done with some hypersentivies that are willing to testy them compared to the Jarrow or enzymatic therapy. The differences are not anything that a lab would notice, unfortunately.

Freddd

Alot of places are now offering sublingual mb12. speaking of, has anyone tried the methylfolate from Metabolic Maintenance? It comes in a 10 mg dose. May be a cheaper alternative taking several solgar tabs, or to taking Deplin. http://www.iherb.com/Metabolic-Maintenance-5-MTHF-L-Methylfolate-10-mg-90-Capsules/38360?at=0

Hi Drex,

Metafolin was patented as a more STABLE and pure L-methylfolate. The product is 1/2 l-methylfolate. Metafolin has been through full pharamceutical testing as a medical product. I would suggest you get well established in healing and then do variant B with this new product, stay on if for a month or it is clear it isn't working, and do some back and forth switching a month at a time until you see how well it does or doesn't work.

Most brands of sublingul mb12 are not worth using. Some are totally worthless.