• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why my message wasnt posted?

Nielk

LargeRBcells,

Your post above shows as post #1. It's the first post of yours but, it showed up so I guess you figured it out?
Need more help with it?

If it took you a while to write the post, maybe you got logged out before you finished writing it? It's a good idea to tick the "remember me" box every time you log in; that way you don't get logged out (but if you do that, please remember to log out when you've finished your session). Also, it's always a good idea to copy your post (select all the text and Ctrl-C) before clicking to submit it; various things can go wrong with this software from time to time, and it's horrible to lose a post you've spent a long time on. I think most experienced forum members have got into the habit of always doing this before they submit a post.

Anyway, I hope you're up and running now - and welcome to the forums!:D

(Now I go through the old routine...Ctrl-Home, Shift-Ctrl-End, Ctrl-C, Post Quick Reply....just in case...:D)

Thank you Fredd, Nielk and Mark. You're absolutely right Mark I should have known better and kept a copy. I think you can imagine the pain after waiting for replies for my long post...plus I was so eager to write my first post here last thursday :D

Oh I know, it's really horrible when you lose a long post. :( I'm sorry that happened to you; I hope you recover from the disappointment and post the question again...I know how dispiriting it is to have to start all over again.

Calathea

If you're using Firefox, Chrome or Safari, download the Lazarus extension. It'll automatically save forms, text boxes and so forth, so that if your internet crashes or you accidentally hit "back" or anything else, you don't lose what you've written. I've even used it in the chatroom, since that's always skipping messages.

Anyway, sorry that you had to deal with that, but welcome anyway!

Oh I know, it's really horrible when you lose a long post. :( I'm sorry that happened to you; I hope you recover from the disappointment and post the question again...I know how dispiriting it is to have to start all over again.

It is all good now. I reposted my questions.

If you're using Firefox, Chrome or Safari, download the Lazarus extension. It'll automatically save forms, text boxes and so forth, so that if your internet crashes or you accidentally hit "back" or anything else, you don't lose what you've written. I've even used it in the chatroom, since that's always skipping messages.

Anyway, sorry that you had to deal with that, but welcome anyway!

I use Firefox. Thanks so much for the great tip!