• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

my throat is killing me

hurtingallthetimet

my throat is constantly sore doctor tells me its from the fibro/cfs common in pepole with these illness..but at times like now it is killing me...at times like this the drops and sprays and hot drinks dont help..

anyone got any tips on what they do when theirs hurt this bad? maybe change in weather?

mellster

Marco
Have you tried gargling with warm salt water at least every coupe of hours? Or maybe buy a pack of menthol-loaded lozenges and constantly keep one in your mouth. Hope it gets better!!

snowathlete

I would ask your doctor to take a swab of your throat and send it off for analysis.

There is way to much, "Oh, thats just your ME / CFS / Fibro" for my liking nowadays. Its a medical problem and its caused by something. Knowing what that something is, might help you treat it, regardless of whether its part of your illness or not.

I had a sore throat pretty much non-stop for several years before i got ME, and in hindsight i wish i had got it tested to find out what it was. If it is recurring like this then its perfectly reasonable to expect your doctor to check what exactly it is.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
my throat is constantly sore doctor tells me its from the fibro/cfs common in pepole with these illness..but at times like now it is killing me...at times like this the drops and sprays and hot drinks dont help..

anyone got any tips on what they do when theirs hurt this bad? maybe change in weather?

I'd ask for a swab too. While persistent sore throats are common in ME/CFS patients (it was an early symptom for me too), it could also be something like strep--which hurts a lot! and does require treatment.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Sing

3 ideas: I had a chronic sore throat until I started using cortisol 5 mg twice a day for hypoadrenia aspect of ME/CFS.
Strep grows on one type of sugar--glucose. White sugar.
A tincture of the herb goldenseal is very effective for me (much better than echinacea) for a sore throat or cold coming on. I use the kind not made in alcohol but in glycerine.

Good Luck!