• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fredds protocol and food intolerances

Waverunner

Hi,

I was thinking about starting Fredds protocol but I have some questions.

Is there anyone with huge food intolerances who did NOT improve on the protocol?
Is there anyone who had improvement of his intolerance problems? If yes, what were your problems and reactions to foods (brain symptoms, anxiety, unpleasant arousal, stress?)?
Is there anyone who has huge problems with fruits or vegetables? I don't tolerate them but I don't know why.

The problem I have is that as soon as I take Methyl B12 and Metafolin (Solgar) I still get intolerance problems. How fast does this resolve or is there anyone where these problems didn't resolve?

Rosebud Dairy

If you are on a regular diet, you may be getting tons of folate in foods that are "healthy." I don't tolerate many "healthy" foods, and it could be because of folate (which I think is folinic acid in foods) and folic acid. My "intolerance" of folate foods when I DON'T take my metafolin usually manifest as some raging IBS. BUT
when I stick to nutrient dense high fat foods, i do better.

Please see the folate/methylation thread and the confirmed folate deficiency thread. What is going on there may apply to you.

Avoiding folate foods works wonders for my poor stomach!

Freddd

Hi,

I was thinking about starting Fredds protocol but I have some questions.

Is there anyone with huge food intolerances who did NOT improve on the protocol?
Is there anyone who had improvement of his intolerance problems? If yes, what were your problems and reactions to foods (brain symptoms, anxiety, unpleasant arousal, stress?)?
Is there anyone who has huge problems with fruits or vegetables? I don't tolerate them but I don't know why.

The problem I have is that as soon as I take Methyl B12 and Metafolin (Solgar) I still get intolerance problems. How fast does this resolve or is there anyone where these problems didn't resolve?

Hi waverunner,

It took me several years until I noticed that I could tolerate most foods. It took at least 2 years, after I had added adb12 and l-carnitine fumarate. I don't know how long if everything is started sooner. I didn't have that advantage as I added them as fast as I could figure it out.

Waverunner

Thanks for the answers. It really could be the folate in these foods. It's really scary that all the foods which are healthy seem to have detrimental effects on me but this should get better when I'm into the protocol.