• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Die off reactions from FolaPro?

readyforlife

Has anyone had a die off like reaction to Folapro? Last week my doctor started me back on Vit b-12 injections and Glutathione IV pushes. This time he wanted me to also try Folapro. I didn't take it the first week and last night I took one and I woke up this morning in a huge flare up. I've been frozen in bed like a brick of concrete.

richvank

Has anyone had a die off like reaction to Folapro? Last week my doctor started me back on Vit b-12 injections and Glutathione IV pushes. This time he wanted me to also try Folapro. I didn't take it the first week and last night I took one and I woke up this morning in a huge flare up. I've been frozen in bed like a brick of concrete.

Hi, ready.

I'm sorry that happened. I don't know what the dosages of B12 were or whether they were hydroxo B12 or methyl B12, but if the dosages were fairly high, and you took a whole tablet of FolaPro, this combination might have been a little much to start with. Things should get better for you, but it might take some time. Some people have reported that it took as much as two or three weeks for things to normalize after they had too high a dose of this combination. After things improve, you might discuss with your doctor the possibility of starting with a fraction of a tablet of FolaPro.

Best regards,

Rich

readyforlife

My doctor put me on 0.2 cc of Methylcobalamin Vit b-12. I didn't think that was very much at all. I would rather face Freddy Krueger in a dark alley before I take another FolaPro tablet. Maybe in about a week I will risk a half of a pill.

richvank

My doctor put me on 0.2 cc of Methylcobalamin Vit b-12. I didn't think that was very much at all. I would rather face Freddy Krueger in a dark alley before I take another FolaPro tablet. Maybe in about a week I will risk a half of a pill.

Hi, ready.

I don't know what the concentration of the methylcobalamin was in milligrams per cc, so I don't know what the dosage in milligrams was. That's the important number.

Some people take less FolaPro than that to start. Some people use a "crumb." There seems to be a wide variability in people's response to it.

Again, I'm sorry about what you went through. This really can be helpful stuff, but too much too soon in a person with ME/CFS can really kick one's butt!

Best regards,

Rich

Freddd

Hi Readyforlife,

Would you please details all the symtoms that flared and in what way? That could tell us a lot more about what occurred. Also, how many glutathione infusions did you have, just the one the week before? Were they new symptoms or old ones made worse or reappearing or ?? Thankyou.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Wow! He started you with a whole tab of FoloPro!! That would have really knocked me out. Like Rich says, it can really kick butt in combo with the rest.

I'd go for the crumb approach until you see how much you can tolerate. I used to grind it up and divide it into tiny portions.

Best,
Sushi

readyforlife

I just tried to reply to this thread and after writing a long reply it would not post and it logged me off. Sooooo I lost my post. So now I will make it short and sweet.

My first glutathion push was on January 4th @ 200mg/ml. I also have injected b-12 three time since the 4th. Methylcobalamin 0.2cc injections and on the foil bag it says 5mg/ml, I thing that must be the strenght of the b-12. I was feeling good on Sunday and even my husband commented on it. Sunday around three in the afternoon I took one of the FolaPro. The next morning I woke up feeling stiff/frozen. I stayed in bed all day. I've had this happen before with flares and the only diffrence is that I only took a two hour nap during the day. In most other flares I feel drugged and sleep all day.

I'm going in at eleven today to have another Glutathione push. I want to see if it helps me or not.

Freddd

I just tried to reply to this thread and after writing a long reply it would not post and it logged me off. Sooooo I lost my post. So now I will make it short and sweet.

My first glutathion push was on January 4th @ 200mg/ml. I also have injected b-12 three time since the 4th. Methylcobalamin 0.2cc injections and on the foil bag it says 5mg/ml, I thing that must be the strenght of the b-12. I was feeling good on Sunday and even my husband commented on it. Sunday around three in the afternoon I took one of the FolaPro. The next morning I woke up feeling stiff/frozen. I stayed in bed all day. I've had this happen before with flares and the only diffrence is that I only took a two hour nap during the day. In most other flares I feel drugged and sleep all day.

I'm going in at eleven today to have another Glutathione push. I want to see if it helps me or not.

Hi readyforlife,

Can you please detail the symtpoms? So "frozen means "very stiff"? Where stiff? Arms, legs, back, feet, fingers, hands? Were the muscles tight and contracted? Were they tender to the touch?. Were they numb? Any other symptoms? Changes in skin sensation?

This might me ringimg a bell burt more details would really help.

readyforlife

I've never had anything tender to the touch or numb. When i'm in a crash and when I first wake up the front of my upper thighs/muscles and front fore arms from the elbow to the wrist feel stiff is the only way I can explain it. It feels like something is pooling in the muscles or my blood is thicking. Kind of weird to try and explain to someone.

I felt good all day today and I had another IV push. I'm about to go and do a B12 injection and see how I feel tomorrow. I'm going to take a crumb of the FloaPro on Thursday night.

Hi readyforlife,

Can you please detail the symtpoms? So "frozen means "very stiff"? Where stiff? Arms, legs, back, feet, fingers, hands? Were the muscles tight and contracted? Were they tender to the touch?. Were they numb? Any other symptoms? Changes in skin sensation?

This might me ringimg a bell burt more details would really help.

Freddd

I've never had anything tender to the touch or numb. When i'm in a crash and when I first wake up the front of my upper thighs/muscles and front fore arms from the elbow to the wrist feel stiff is the only way I can explain it. It feels like something is pooling in the muscles or my blood is thicking. Kind of weird to try and explain to someone.

I felt good all day today and I had another IV push. I'm about to go and do a B12 injection and see how I feel tomorrow. I'm going to take a crumb of the FloaPro on Thursday night.

Ok, I know that feeling. Stiff is a typical mb12/adb12 deficiency symptom as the muscles and neurology changes. WHen I started feeling these things again they felt REALLY stiff. Others have reported this too. I would say that is not a crash but rather the nerves starting to feel again, feeling that abnormal stiffness that is there in muscles that have been shrinking. I would suggest tthat it is likely a signpost to healing, not a crash. When the stiffness was coming on it felt like my muscles were "congealing" was how I desribed it.