• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TESTING for EBV, CMZ, HHV6 igg igm and viral load in North England

sianrecovery

Does anyone have a lab in the uk they recomend for these tests? I'm trying to avoid starting at the Breakspear, I dont have the money.

Thanks for your input

anniekim

I think medichecks might....Not cheap, though. When I enquired about testing for ebv and hhv6 was around 550.00. Good luck.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Sian Biolabs may take blood for viral testing at their lab on a referral from a qualified nutritionist, or even an osteopath?worth asking, I'll dig out where my testing was done and let you know.

Hi Sian. As EBV and CMZ are in the NICE guidelines as needing to be excluded before an ME diagnosis is made, then your GP is obliged to perform these two. Perhaps you could save some money if you did these two on the NHS

sianrecovery

Thats a good point, I wil try hassling the useless GP who sees me as a middle aged female irritant, and I will take that paper - thanks for posting link heapsreal, and I meant CMV, sorry - fog brain xxxx

xrunner

Does anyone have a lab in the uk they recomend for these tests? I'm trying to avoid starting at the Breakspear, I dont have the money.

Thanks for your input
Privately, TDL in London does those (that's the lab the Breakspear also uses)
Those tests are available on the NHS but you need a consultant to request them. I had those done at University College in London and a second time at St Charles. NHS labs usually won't release details of titres but just report whether positive or negative. Since IgMs tend to always be negative they don't care about levels of IgG titres, not matter how high they are, which is not very helpful.

sianrecovery

I've found I can get the CMV, EBV, HHV6 tests done via Biolab in London - they send them on to another lab, but will pull the blood. I'm also thinking about getting CD4 and CD8 tested, and possibly HGH. The bacterial stuff I am saving for the US.