• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diary of a PWC on the Methylation Block Protocol

Maybe I should try leaving the MegaFolinic (Folinic acid) off for a bit and just take the FolaPro? Is FolaPro similar / the same as methylfolate? It is L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate. Thanks.

Zen

maddietod

Zen, I stopped all folic acid, and folinic acid in food, 3 weeks ago, to test paradoxical folate deficiency (along with supplementation etc.).

I've had psoriasis on my ankles from earliest childhood. Two spots are completely healed - looks like normal skin for the first time I can remember. The rest is 80% better.

Madie

It has been over a month since my last post. I'm not feeling any better. Today I have a bad head, sore throat etc etc. I'm so frustrated with my life. I can't go to the gym. I can't date. I'm sick of it :( I feel like I've lost my life and that I will never get it back. I have been told that life changes, but it is not true I've been stuck like this for over 6 years now. I'm getting old and I've lost the best years of my life. It is a waste. I cannot find a relationship, I get so lonely. Who wants to be with chronically ill person? I want to be alive :(

I've reduced my anti-depressants (almost stopped) because I don't want to rely on them and I am concerned about long term side effects. I don't think they address the cause of my depression they are just a plaster. I'm still taking the whey powder, methylfolate, selenium. I've started taking niacinamide (which I took in the past). Occasionally, I am taking SAMe (400mg) to try and replace the anti-depressants - I don't think they do anything. Also, trying some glutImmune to help my bowel problems and IBS.

My eczema seems to be improving since I have begun put Dermol cream on it. That is about the only good thing.

richvank

Maybe I should try leaving the MegaFolinic (Folinic acid) off for a bit and just take the FolaPro? Is FolaPro similar / the same as methylfolate? It is L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate. Thanks.

Zen

Hi, Zen.

Yes, those three are the same. Also Metafolin, MethylMate B, and Deplin (though Deplin is a higher dosage).

Best regards,

Rich

I haven't been on the forums for a few months. Quite a lot has changed since my last post, although I am still ill. I completely stopped my anti-depressants at the end of March and am only occasionally depressed.

I finished my bottle of FolaPro a couple of weeks ago. I don't think the methylation protocol has worked for me. I will post some more info about my situation soon, not sure whether to continue this thread or start a new one.

Freddd

I haven't been on the forums for a few months. Quite a lot has changed since my last post, although I am still ill. I completely stopped my anti-depressants at the end of March and am only occasionally depressed.

I finished my bottle of FolaPro a couple of weeks ago. I don't think the methylation protocol has worked for me. I will post some more info about my situation soon, not sure whether to continue this thread or start a new one.

Hi Zenzero,

Perhaps its's time to try the active b12 protocol, revised, which is many times more effective at starting methylation and then goes WAY beyond methylation.