• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Paralyzed Bladder - A symptom of ME/CFS or FMS?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
My husband went in for his third prostate surgery, but when the doctor came out he said this time it was his bladder (even though his prostate is still severely swollen). The doctor said he thinks my husband's bladder is paralyzed for good and he will have to use a catheter for the rest of his life. We found a different doctor and he is running a several more tests. This is a symptom I have not heard of in relation to ME/CFS or Fibromyalgia. Has anyone else ever experienced a paralyzed bladder? What does this illness NOT do to a person?

None of the prostate medicines work anymore for my husband. I ended up buying Saw Palmetto Berry and Pygeum Bark supplements along with Rooibos tea. I also bought Green Tea, Grape skin and Billbery polyphenol supplements to prevent prostate cancer. To our surprise these are working better for him then Flomax or Avodart or any of the other prescription medications he has tried. For any men out there who also have prostate problems I suggest trying these. You can get the Rooibos tea anywhere they sell herbs. Thesage.com has a lot of different varieties. Target has the Saw Palmetto and Puritan.com has both Pygeum bark and Saw Palmetto supplements for cheap. Amazon.com has a variety of polyphenols.

November Girl

I'm not surprised that the supplements work better. Too bad more US docs don't know more about them. Tomato is also a good source of a nutrient that is beneficial for prostate health. I think it's lycopine, not sure.

I used to have very severe bladder pain with my periods, and would also go through prolonged times where my empty bladder still felt uncomfortably full. The only thing that helped the monthly pain was the OTC pill that's sold for bladder pain. I know that lot of women with fibro or ME/CFS have bladder problems. Mine were helped a lot by integrative myofascial therapy, which is a lot different than the myofascial release therapy that is more common. You might want to read up on IC, which is interstitial cystitis. I think that current thinking is that this is more of neurological problem than a structural one.

I hope some of this helps!

Freddd

My husband went in for his third prostate surgery, but when the doctor came out he said this time it was his bladder (even though his prostate is still severely swollen). The doctor said he thinks my husband's bladder is paralyzed for good and he will have to use a catheter for the rest of his life. We found a different doctor and he is running a several more tests. This is a symptom I have not heard of in relation to ME/CFS or Fibromyalgia. Has anyone else ever experienced a paralyzed bladder? What does this illness NOT do to a person?

None of the prostate medicines work anymore for my husband. I ended up buying Saw Palmetto Berry and Pygeum Bark supplements along with Rooibos tea. I also bought Green Tea, Grape skin and Billbery polyphenol supplements to prevent prostate cancer. To our surprise these are working better for him then Flomax or Avodart or any of the other prescription medications he has tried. For any men out there who also have prostate problems I suggest trying these. You can get the Rooibos tea anywhere they sell herbs. Thesage.com has a lot of different varieties. Target has the Saw Palmetto and Puritan.com has both Pygeum bark and Saw Palmetto supplements for cheap. Amazon.com has a variety of polyphenols.

Hi Mya,

Nine years ago it sometimes took me 45 minutes to find the neurological connections to release my bladder and sometimes incontinence. I also had constant painful burning. In 10 days of methylb12 plus basics the burning was gone. In 12 months I had full control over my bladder back. It took 9 months at about 20mg Jarrow mb12 daily to heal the neurologcuy going to my bladder.

Good luck.

snowathlete

this is interesting, as my ME has got worse so has a symptom of not being able to control my bladder. I dont suffer any incontinence, but it takes me like 10-20 minutes just to pee, with most of the time just sat there waiting. Urologist said he couldnt find anything wrong, but wanted to push a camera up my co*k...you gotta draw the line somewhere, so i vetoed that little decision. Never got to bottom of it but i think its relatedd to the ME in some way.

Freddd

this is interesting, as my ME has got worse so has a symptom of not being able to control my bladder. I dont suffer any incontinence, but it takes me like 10-20 minutes just to pee, with most of the time just sat there waiting. Urologist said he couldnt find anything wrong, but wanted to push a camera up my co*k...you gotta draw the line somewhere, so i vetoed that little decision. Never got to bottom of it but i think its relatedd to the ME in some way.

Hi Snowathelete,

I used to have that one. What was really bad was middle of the night falling asleep on the toilet trying to let the urine go. The circulation would be cut off to my legs. It took about nine months on the large enough doses of methylb12 that the neurological healing was "upregulated" according to the Japanese researchers. Semantically, "upregulated neurological healing" is far preferrable to the frightening "forced" idea. All the other factors needed for that healing also need to be in place. The urine retention is mentioned on the list. It generaly does respond.

Freddd

Hi Mya,

I had it and healed it with the Active B12 Protocol. Lack of methylb12 causes neurological problems of that kind. If allowed to remain too long it can become permanent so it needs to be treated with the protocol and enough mb12 reasoanably quickly.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Thank you for all the replies and information. I will tell my husband about the methylb12 and get him to try it. I also have the issue with having to concentrate for quite a long time and push to urinate. And, I am having the same problem with my bowels. They just are not working to push anything through anymore. Of course, the doctor does not believe me, eventhough my sigmoid colon has become severely distended because of the issue. Anyway, that is another problem. I think I will be trying the methyb12 also

snowathlete, my husband has had that scope several times. Poor guy. He has told me that I can no longer talk about my week long labor with my son. We are even.:D

Freddd

Thank you for all the replies and information. I will tell my husband about the methylb12 and get him to try it. I also have the issue with having to concentrate for quite a long time and push to urinate. And, I am having the same problem with my bowels. They just are not working to push anything through anymore. Of course, the doctor does not believe me, eventhough my sigmoid colon has become severely distended because of the issue. Anyway, that is another problem. I think I will be trying the methyb12 also

snowathlete, my husband has had that scope several times. Poor guy. He has told me that I can no longer talk about my week long labor with my son. We are even.:D

Hi Mya,

ou need to get tested for potassium. Get the number. You need to have potassium at least on hand before starting because if you get hit by low potassium, and most do, you won't be able to go get it very possibly. If it is b12, healing doesn't happen with mb12 in a vacuum. Read Active B12 Basics to make sure you get the right brands and so on. Also, adenosylb12 (dibencozide) and Metafolin, and basic vitamins and minerals, omega3 oils. Potassium will drop after healing starts, often 3 days in from the start. Some of the posts are repeated with modifcations farther down so read the most recnt versions.

snowathlete

I used to have that one. What was really bad was middle of the night falling asleep on the toilet trying to let the urine go. The circulation would be cut off to my legs. It took about nine months on the large enough doses of methylb12 that the neurological healing was "upregulated" according to the Japanese researchers. Semantically, "upregulated neurological healing" is far preferrable to the frightening "forced" idea. All the other factors needed for that healing also need to be in place. The urine retention is mentioned on the list. It generaly does respond.

Hi Fred, good to see you posting again, havent seen you for a while.
As you say, the circulation goes from your legs, i hate that!
Nice to know it isnt just me.

My methylation seems to be pretty stalled at the moment. I dont know why, but it doesnt seem to be working like it was before. Im taking all the stuff you reccomend at fairly high doses but, i donno, it just feels stalled again, like a door is shut or at least can only open a fraction, like something is blocking it from opening.