• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

emergency report from China

M

maruo

Dear Han,

The matter of the Hong Kong university is very regrettable.
Why do not they research anything?
Is there pressure of the government?

The doctor says that you are unnecessary the inspection of CD4 and CD8, and it is not in the inspection of the liver function now the problem either.I do not seem to be able to go to the hospital again for a while because the body is painful now.

If the number of infected persons doesn't increase , the government will not move. Because it is not reported in Japan at all.

thanks

from maruo

Overstressed

Hi Hancuchu,

I was looking the symptoms this disease is giving you, and I have many of them too. One of that is the geograpical tongue... I got this two days after my contact, and according to researchers I have spoken, they say it is due to a bacterial infection. My night sweats after 3 weeks is typical a viral infection. I suffered different infections at once.

Take care,
OS.

hanchuchu

Hi Hancuchu,

I was looking the symptoms this disease is giving you, and I have many of them too. One of that is the geograpical tongue... I got this two days after my contact, and according to researchers I have spoken, they say it is due to a bacterial infection. My night sweats after 3 weeks is typical a viral infection. I suffered different infections at once.

Take care,
OS.

geograpical tongue means your spleen does not function well from the TCM perspective. I don't know whether it is a bateria or virus infection, but I believe it is virus rather than bacteria.

May I know who is the researcher you spoke to?

Only scientist who has humanity will save us.

hanchuchu

Dear Han,

The matter of the Hong Kong university is very regrettable.
Why do not they research anything?
Is there pressure of the government?

The doctor says that you are unnecessary the inspection of CD4 and CD8, and it is not in the inspection of the liver function now the problem either.I do not seem to be able to go to the hospital again for a while because the body is painful now.

If the number of infected persons doesn't increase , the government will not move. Because it is not reported in Japan at all.

thanks

from maruo

I think HKU is facing political pressure. Peking University, the best university wants to do the research as well, but they are rejected by the authority. Here you see, we are waiting for death.

The Chinese CDC made its forth public announcement, denying the existence of the real disease!

I told you many times, please put me in contact with the scientist if possible.

Sam Carter

Not sure if this link has been posted already as I haven't followed the thread. It's from the BBC news website.

"China's mystery HIV-like disease may be all in the mind"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8505998.stm

I should have qualified this link at the time by saying that I don't subscribe to the notion that the disease is "all in the mind". I wanted to find a report from a recognised media organisation which at least confirmed the existence of the illness being discussed on this thread.

Psychogenic explanations lack, in my opinion, the ability to "explain" anything - they offer doctors an easy way out when they don't understand the cause of a patient's symptoms.

hanchuchu

mannatech glyconutrients

Hi, all.

One infected (Chinese American, who infected the virus in China and now is in the US) took glyconutrients made by Mannatech and he told me that he is almost cured. All the syptoms disappeared except the tougue coating. His health is improved significantly and his life is back on track. I just wonder whether anyone of you are taking this? If not, it worths a trial.

Just do some research and try it. It is my obligation to post this info here, because you are so supportive and helped me a lot.

Kim,

I hope you are doing well. Long time no email exchange.

markmc20001

news article

Hey Han,

You may already know this, but I just read an article in a newspaper called "THe Epoch Times" dated june 17-23 2010 that says "new aids like disease found in china". You may want to check it out, if you haven't seen it already.

Mark

hanchuchu

Hey Han,

You may already know this, but I just read an article in a newspaper called "THe Epoch Times" dated june 17-23 2010 that says "new aids like disease found in china". You may want to check it out, if you haven't seen it already.

Mark

Mark, thanks for the info. I have not seen it yet until you post it here. The thing is that the Chinese CDC never admits the truth and such kind of report cannot push things forward at all. This is how thing works in the country--no respect for human rights. Many people have given up... I don't think we have a future. Anyway, I am using my best efforts to push HKU to do the study...

Anyone knows the above mentioned Mannetech products? Does it work for CFS?

taniaaust1

Hi Hanchacha

i have a case of CFS which seems to carry something infectious too, thou not what you have.

My ex who was a very unhealthy person (he was hugely obese) used to come down ill 8-12 hrs, after each time i kissed him. By next morning he'd always have a sore throat and felt very unwell (i cant remember now if he used to go into a fever too after tongue kissing exposure to me). For some reason whatever he was exposed to, he never got immune to it so got sick many times on being with me before he decided that we would have to have a relationship without no kissing. However he could kiss healthy people without getting sick, it just was kissing me which caused him to get ill.

All the others ive kissed thou (healthy people) are fine and dont end up like their immune system is having to try to fight something off after saliva contact with me.

My 1st cousin is also very sick with CFS (must be genetic related as she's interstate so she couldnt have caught it from me) and now recently, my sister seems to have ended up with it thou...i used to stay a bit with my sister and at times i think we used same cup, interestingly it's presenting differently in her than to me. She's now been sick for a year and im worrying quite a lot about her as suddenly she's loosing great amount of weight.

The CFS i carry not only affects me rather dramatically physically (POTS etc) ...it also has affected me severely mentally to the point of causing me to halluncinate at least on a couple of occassions... and after 11 or 12 years of it. It now has affected my ability to control my emotions, so i get such severe mood swings that im now in trouble with the law. (I also went throu a period before the mood swings happened in which it was causing me to have strong suicidal idealation).

hanchuchu

individual's difference

Hi Hanchacha

i have a case of CFS which seems to carry something infectious too, thou not what you have.

My ex who was a very unhealthy person (he was hugely obese) used to come down ill 8-12 hrs, after each time i kissed him. By next morning he'd always have a sore throat and felt very unwell (i cant remember now if he used to go into a fever too after tongue kissing exposure to me). For some reason whatever he was exposed to, he never got immune to it so got sick many times on being with me before he decided that we would have to have a relationship without no kissing. However he could kiss healthy people without getting sick, it just was kissing me which caused him to get ill.

All the others ive kissed thou (healthy people) are fine and dont end up like their immune system is having to try to fight something off after saliva contact with me.

My 1st cousin is also very sick with CFS (must be genetic related as she's interstate so she couldnt have caught it from me) and now recently, my sister seems to have ended up with it thou...i used to stay a bit with my sister and at times i think we used same cup, interestingly it's presenting differently in her than to me. She's now been sick for a year and im worrying quite a lot about her as suddenly she's loosing great amount of weight.

The CFS i carry not only affects me rather dramatically physically (POTS etc) ...it also has affected me severely mentally to the point of causing me to halluncinate at least on a couple of occassions... and after 11 or 12 years of it. It now has affected my ability to control my emotions, so i get such severe mood swings that im now in trouble with the law. (I also went throu a period before the mood swings happened in which it was causing me to have strong suicidal idealation).

All I can say is that people have unique immune systems and that's the reason for your ex in your case. I even don't understand how could I get infected with protected sex! unlucky... I just hope scientist can do the study for us and at least let us know what it is. But until today, they still give me empty promise without real action. No hope at all. being a Chinese is kind of miserable. everything is under the control of government... the domestis media and pasteur shanghai were silenced...

hanchuchu

Not confirmed info brings a little bit hope.

One infected tested by Pasteur Shanghai visited the research centered today and was told they found "something" , and they are contacting the French headquater for further study.

Not confirmed info, but I believe that guy won't cheat me...

Athene

ihateticks.me
Hanchuchu,
I spoke to my doctor who is one of the world famous names in research into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
He told me that the Chinese government does believe that the epidemic that you have described in China is caused by XMRV and that they are talking to him and many other experts on this illness from around the world. He said that the Chinese government is trying to get information in an informal and secretive way, but that they are NOT ignoring the situation and that they are looking for a solution to help people.
I thought you might be reassured to hear this.

Dainty

Hi, all.

One infected (Chinese American, who infected the virus in China and now is in the US) took glyconutrients made by Mannatech and he told me that he is almost cured. All the syptoms disappeared except the tougue coating. His health is improved significantly and his life is back on track. I just wonder whether anyone of you are taking this? If not, it worths a trial.

When I was first diagnosed, glyconutrients from Mannatech was the first thing I tried. It made me very ill. My doctor at the time, who was supportice of it, kept saying that I was detoxing and to just cut back to smaller doses, but even the tiniest possible amount of powder I could take as a dose made me quite ill, so I stopped.

Daffodil

what a nightmare. nostradamus said germs would destroy the world, not war. looks like he was 100% right.

markmc20001

Mark, thanks for the info. I have not seen it yet until you post it here. The thing is that the Chinese CDC never admits the truth and such kind of report cannot push things forward at all. This is how thing works in the country--no respect for human rights. Many people have given up... I don't think we have a future. Anyway, I am using my best efforts to push HKU to do the study...

Anyone knows the above mentioned Mannetech products? Does it work for CFS?

Hey Han,

Hang in there buddy. Science is moving so fast, and with the discovery of XMRV it is likely that our neuroimmune disease can be treated with antivirals or some new treatment. I am certain of that. I hope it will be sooner than anyone could imagine.

Mark

hanchuchu

The XMRV thing

Hanchuchu,
I spoke to my doctor who is one of the world famous names in research into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
He told me that the Chinese government does believe that the epidemic that you have described in China is caused by XMRV and that they are talking to him and many other experts on this illness from around the world. He said that the Chinese government is trying to get information in an informal and secretive way, but that they are NOT ignoring the situation and that they are looking for a solution to help people.
I thought you might be reassured to hear this.

I don't think it is XMRV. There are too many differences. Judy did tell me they are working on samples from China to check the XMRV thing. But it is a quite different project from our case. I count on HKU, if they cannot do the research, people have little chance to survive. I am pushing them to do the study as soon as possible. If there is no progress in China in one or two years, I have to prepare to go to visit Charels in UCSF. The government is not trustable at all! The representative of the infected have visited the State Council, but was rejected by the authority! They also visited the Representative Office of WHO and successfully submitted the materials of the outbreak. The truth is some people are fighting for a chance. I am doing my best to help myself and others now.

hanchuchu

When I was first diagnosed, glyconutrients from Mannatech was the first thing I tried. It made me very ill. My doctor at the time, who was supportice of it, kept saying that I was detoxing and to just cut back to smaller doses, but even the tiniest possible amount of powder I could take as a dose made me quite ill, so I stopped.

I am taking this stuff now. The only result I found now is my sleep is improved. I also doubt its function as the company claimed-- it seems to be a cure for all disease. Anyway, it worths a trial.