• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Wright Stuff - UK TV discussion about ME

Trooper

Yeh that was pretty good for a magazine style show that the Wright stuff is.

They all seemed pretty gobsmacked, as are most people when they actually listen to the reality of this disease. A small drop in a big pond, but most welcome :)

Enid

Thanks Bob - I'll certainly take a look too. One gets so bored with misrepresentation usually churned out by the UK press.

Bob

Yeh that was pretty good for a magazine style show that the Wright stuff is.

They all seemed pretty gobsmacked, as are most people when they actually listen to the reality of this disease. A small drop in a big pond, but most welcome :)

Hi Trooper, yes it was pretty good, wasn't it...
It's the first time I've seen anyone in the media actually 'hear' us.
I thought the people who phoned in were spot-on and really helpful.

Thanks Bob - I'll certainly take a look too. One gets so bored with misrepresentation usually churned out by the UK press.

Hi Enid, yes, and the repetitive nature of the misrepresentation can become demoralising, can't it.
That's why it's so nice to see it portrayed accurately for a change. It makes a really refreshing change.

usedtobeperkytina

disappointed

I'm disappointed I can't see if from my country.

But, I am very hopeful that the research being done in other countries will bring a public discussion in the UK. We have to remember, there are many who support the correct view, but they are fearful. When evidence is stronger, they will be embolden.

To my UK folks, I know you struggle to get biomedical research in your country. But, be hopeful. Many all over the world are doing it and as the answers come, it will create the scientific consensus. How long will it take? We don't know. But the pace has been greatly quickened in last three years. It will happen. When it does, you will not be left behind.

I stand in solidarity with my British ME/CFS brothers. And with every act I do in support of change, I keep the UK patients in mind.

In the civil rights movements, the extreme cases of unjust violence and oppression are needed to draw the public's attention and create sympathy and the support for change. While UK folks have to endure some of the most egregious medical bias and neglect, you have been doing your part to get those stories out. And for that, you are contributing to making a change.

Tina

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
This was great and handled really well by the team. The panel members and audience looked visibly shocked by callers descriptions of what they and their loved ones are going through.
Shame it was on channel 5 and not BBC1, not that many people will have watched it.
Justy.

Bob

I'm disappointed I can't see if from my country.

But, I am very hopeful that the research being done in other countries will bring a public discussion in the UK. We have to remember, there are many who support the correct view, but they are fearful. When evidence is stronger, they will be embolden.

To my UK folks, I know you struggle to get biomedical research in your country. But, be hopeful. Many all over the world are doing it and as the answers come, it will create the scientific consensus. How long will it take? We don't know. But the pace has been greatly quickened in last three years. It will happen. When it does, you will not be left behind.

I stand in solidarity with my British ME/CFS brothers. And with every act I do in support of change, I keep the UK patients in mind.

In the civil rights movements, the extreme cases of unjust violence and oppression are needed to draw the public's attention and create sympathy and the support for change. While UK folks have to endure some of the most egregious medical bias and neglect, you have been doing your part to get those stories out. And for that, you are contributing to making a change.

Tina

Aw thanks Tina. That's really appreciated! :hug:

If I come across a youtube version of it, then i'll post a link here for you.

allyb

Thank you Bob,

Such a refreshing change after that awful Food Hospital programme, That presenter said that he wants to do more on it!! He's on Twitter can someone give him more info? can we contact him as a forum is that possible???? I'm not on twitter or facebook but both him and Anne Diamond seem genuinely interested and I wondered if we could build on this?
Any suggestions? or am I just being desperate?
allyb

justinreilly

Thank you Bob,

Such a refreshing change after that awful Food Hospital programme, That presenter said that he wants to do more on it!! He's on Twitter can someone give him more info? can we contact him as a forum is that possible???? I'm not on twitter or facebook but both him and Anne Diamond seem genuinely interested and I wondered if we could build on this?
Any suggestions? or am I just being desperate?
allyb

If someone looks up the email or fax (and provides the relevant names- hosts, producers), I will write them.

That was a great little segment, due to the callers! Thanks for calling in and showing the reality of ME.

SilverbladeTE

Wright is very Liberal and smart, actually. Let him know the corporate/lobbyist/Science Media Centre angle etc as well.
plus inform him of Lewellyn King's work, as another broadcaster he can therefor see/get up to speed/respectt such