• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Potassium chloride (no salt) to meet potassium needs

globalpilot

I am on a fairly low carb restricted diet. My potassium intake is only about 1200 and the RDA is 4700.

Does anyone see a problem taking no salt to get my intake closer to the RDA ?

Specifically, I'm concerned about it being absorbed muchfaster than it would be from food and causing a spike in blood potassium.

Would this be a concern ?

I noticed iwth the potassium chloride drugs, that they are time released.

*GG*

Oh, I get it now. I eat a few bananas a day, but I realize there are a few carbs in bananas. Not sure of repercussions from "No Salt" product. I think my mother takes a potassium prescription pill. FYI

GG

PS Now that I think about it, I wonder if there is some supplement out there, not a fan of prescriptions, unless necessary.

Freddd

I am on a fairly low carb restricted diet. My potassium intake is only about 1200 and the RDA is 4700.

Does anyone see a problem taking no salt to get my intake closer to the RDA ?

Specifically, I'm concerned about it being absorbed muchfaster than it would be from food and causing a spike in blood potassium.

Would this be a concern ?

I noticed iwth the potassium chloride drugs, that they are time released.

I take potassium with both meals and just before bedtime to level out my serum potassium.