• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Phoenix Rising in 2012: Its Promise and Future

The first thing I'll do if I win my case against the crooks at my insurance company is donate to PR. Thanks to those who have income for supporting PR and giving all of us a place for understanding and hope.

The first thing I'll do if I win my case against the crooks at my insurance company is donate to PR. Thanks to those who have income for supporting PR and giving all of us a place for understanding and hope.

Well good luck on your case!

There's lots of good CFS research to donate to - I donate to a research group myself (every month :rolleyes:) - and we can't fund research but Phoenix Rising does play a vital role in other ways. We think we can do things that no one else can to empower the community and we really need just a pittance relative to the huge amounts for research to make a major difference - basically what I'm saying is I think we're a good investment! Its going to take a while to figure out CFS and while that's going on there's alot we can do.

Thanks for the reminder Cort - will do. Such a wealth of information here (amongst all the other things). Your plans sound marvellous. Can I wish you, the Board, the Moderators, the techie brains constantly on the job - all good wishes - New Year, Festival of Lights - general time of goodwill to one and all.

Thanks for the reminder Cort - will do. Such a wealth of information here (amongst all the other things). Your plans sound marvellous.

Thanks Enid! These projects could empower the community as community greatly I believe. The web technology available offers great opportunities - time to take advantage of them, I say. :cool:

Without Phoenix Rising, the amazing breakthrough stories that Cort posts throughout the year, and the comments and support of people who post here, I probably wouldn't have made it. Three of the most promising treatments I have ever undertaken came to me and my doctors by way of reading PR. Yes, that's how profound PR is...today's leading physicians often quote PR articles. Although I've purposed this past year to try to stay away from the computer and not post, (sort of a digital detox), I couldn't help myself from checking into Phoenix Rising at least once a month to catch up. PR is truly my go to website to stay plugged in and up to date. One thing I really appreciate about Cort's "style" here on PR is that this is a place for positive support, honest debate, and transparency in a mutually respective manner. To quote Teddy Roosevelt: "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Thanks for daring greatly, Cort. I have sent a check. Here's to a super 2012 for all of us!

Without Phoenix Rising, the amazing breakthrough stories that Cort posts throughout the year, and the comments and support of people who post here, I probably wouldn't have made it. Three of the most promising treatments I have ever undertaken came to me and my doctors by way of reading PR. Yes, that's how profound PR is...today's leading physicians often quote PR articles. Although I've purposed this past year to try to stay away from the computer and not post, (sort of a digital detox), I couldn't help myself from checking into Phoenix Rising at least once a month to catch up. PR is truly my go to website to stay plugged in and up to date. One thing I really appreciate about Cort's "style" here on PR is that this is a place for positive support, honest debate, and transparency in a mutually respective manner.

To quote Teddy Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Thanks for daring greatly, Cort. I have sent a check. Here's to a super 2012 for all of us!

Thanks so much Kelvin for your support :D. I have a picture of Teddy Roosevelt next to my desk and that quote is in my file of inspiring statements. I heartily recommend him to anyone with an interest in US history or in biography in general. An aristocrat he fought hard for the common man (as did his distant cousin, Theodore). One of our first environmentalists, without him and Gifford Pinochet, acting early and VERY boldly, without a great deal of agreement, much of wilderness would have been despoiled. Thanks for reminding me of him.

(and thanks very much for the donation :victory:)

I finally got around to reading your article Cort. Thanks for all you do, and thanks for all you're planning to do. I don't have a lot of money to spare, but I'm going to sign up for a $5/month draft on my VISA. Seems like a modest amount given all the great benefits available here at PR.

Best Regards, Wayne

Thanks Tristen....I agree :D. We can get them done using money we raise or we can have volunteers help put them together (or both :)). Got any PHP skills? Ever built a website? Let us know!

Sorry I don't and no I haven't. I'm doing well just to surf the web. But I am going to keep PR in mind for contributions after my life gets more settled from my move. These projects your creating are very dynamic.

I finally got around to reading your article Cort. Thanks for all you do, and thanks for all you're planning to do. I don't have a lot of money to spare, but I'm going to sign up for a $5/month draft on my VISA. Seems like a modest amount given all the great benefits available here at PR.

Best Regards, Wayne

Thanks Wayne, $5 a month can go a long way if enough people do that. We're a pretty lean organization - we don't need alot to get our projects accomplished. Thanks for your support :cool:

Sorry I don't and no I haven't. I'm doing well just to surf the web. But I am going to keep PR in mind for contributions after my life gets more settled from my move. These projects your creating are very dynamic.

Good luck on your move :D I know they can be difficult - I hope yours isn't and you're in a better place :)

Our world would be much much darker without the light that Phoenix Rising delivers to us. In the best of times and the worst of times, the wingspan of Phoenix Rising soars across our tiny blue planet bringing us all together.

To Cort and all the keepers of the Phoenix Rising I humbly thank you all for your courageous endeavers that keep bringing Phoenix Rising into our homes and into our hearts.

You make a difference. A very big difference.