• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HPU/KPU

sianrecovery

I'm in the UK, and just had a test from the Netherlands (a urine sample) come back positive for HPU - the test measures the amount of haemopyroollactam complex in the urine, and if you have over a certain level, finds you positive. Has anyone else here had this test, and if they did, and did the protocol suggested to alleviate the low B6, manganese and zinc, did it make a difference? I am already on Rich's protocol.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm in the UK, and just had a test from the Netherlands (a urine sample) come back positive for HPU - the test measures the amount of haemopyroollactam complex in the urine, and if you have over a certain level, finds you positive. Has anyone else here had this test, and if they did, and did the protocol suggested to alleviate the low B6, manganese and zinc, did it make a difference? I am already on Rich's protocol.

Hi,

If you use the search engine, you will find a long thread on this with a lot of information. It is here somewhere! (I think I might have even started it!) Here is the first post: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...-Metal-Chelation&p=34785&viewfull=1#post34785

Best,
Sushi

richvank

Hi, sian.

As you may know, Dr. Klinghardt has developed a treatment he calls "Core" for treating HPU.
My understanding is that HPU depletes several of the cofactor vitamins and minerals needed by the methylation cycle. Dr. Klinghardt has made the point that HPU needs to be treated before the methylation cycle can be restored to normal operation. I think he may be right about that, and HPU may be one of the causes of no response on methylation treatment that some PWMEs report.

Best regards,

Rich

sianrecovery

Hi Rich

What would we do without you? I have noticed some strong detox reactions from beginning the protocol - even passed a kidney stone (I also have a genetic kidney disorder - I know the stone may be coincidence, but its exactly what happened when I started the Perrin technique) but my energy is still better than before I began. I've ordered the Klinghart supplements, and am working with a nutritionalist trained by him, she will advise in January re the KPU. I'm reluctant to stop the methylation protocol now I've started, so I will try both for a bit and see what happens - unless you think I shouldn't. Thanks for your response

richvank

Hi Rich

What would we do without you? I have noticed some strong detox reactions from beginning the protocol - even passed a kidney stone (I also have a genetic kidney disorder - I know the stone may be coincidence, but its exactly what happened when I started the Perrin technique) but my energy is still better than before I began. I've ordered the Klinghart supplements, and am working with a nutritionalist trained by him, she will advise in January re the KPU. I'm reluctant to stop the methylation protocol now I've started, so I will try both for a bit and see what happens - unless you think I shouldn't. Thanks for your response

Hi, sian.

I don't have experience with this combination, so I am learning from you. I wish you the best of results with it!

Best regards,

Rich