• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can one expect a timeline of results on the methylation protocol?

HowToEscape?

I am at the early part of a simple methlation protocol. As of now it is only Immunoprop and Immunoplus, which are combination supplements associated with D. Enlander and Hepapressin (similar to Kutapressin) plus occassional liquid B12; by next week I expect to have 5-methyltetrahydrofolate and either hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalamin.

Should I expect to feel any particular changes, about how long for any effects to be noticed, worse at first, better at first
OR
is there so much individual variation that no prediction can be made?

There is enough variability from week to week, or in response to physiological demands - I think that's the case for all of us - that it's not obvious what may be happening from a treatment and what's just the nature of the disease.

richvank

I am at the early part of a simple methlation protocol. As of now it is only Immunoprop and Immunoplus, which are combination supplements associated with D. Enlander and Hepapressin (similar to Kutapressin) plus occassional liquid B12; by next week I expect to have 5-methyltetrahydrofolate and either hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalamin.

Should I expect to feel any particular changes, about how long for any effects to be noticed, worse at first, better at first
OR
is there so much individual variation that no prediction can be made?

There is enough variability from week to week, or in response to physiological demands - I think that's the case for all of us - that it's not obvious what may be happening from a treatment and what's just the nature of the disease.

Hi, How.

Here's a quotation from the clinical study of the simplified treatment approach for lifting the partial methylation cycle block, by Neil Nathan, M.D. and myself.
This study involved 30 women:

"Various patients reported some early exacerbation of symptoms, which in most cases was followed by a greater improvement in symptoms. Three of the patients found it necessary to decrease their dosage frequency to every second or third day for several days, until they could tolerate the full daily dosage schedule.

"Sixteen of 30 patients (53%) reported an initial worsening of symptoms, beginning in most of these cases within 3 or 4 days, but in some cases beginning at up to 2 weeks. Most of the symptoms were mild, and none of the patients discontinued usage of the supplements during the first 3 months. The most common side effects were gastrointestinal (pain, cramps, constipation, or diarrhea), reported by 6 out of 30 patients or 20%; increase in pain, reported by 4 out of 30 or 13%; and increase in fatigue, reported by 3 out of 30 or 10%. Other symptoms, reported by one patient each, were a decrease in appetite, poor sleep, weak legs, flu-like symptoms, and an increase in anxiety and depression.

"For those who experienced improvement, the time to self-reported improvement on the protocol was an average of 5.6 weeks, with a range from immediate improvement (which was rare) to as long as 8 weeks before improvement was experienced."

Best regards,

Rich