• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SNPs and Methylation Panel from Australia

SJB944

I was wondering if anyone had SNPs and Methylation Panel done from Australia? And if so how they went about it.

Feel free tp PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.
SJB

Adster

I'm about to send my test sample back to 23andmel.com for genetic testing. They send you the kit via DHL with a return envelope.

Johnmac

I'm about to send my test sample back to 23andmel.com for genetic testing. They send you the kit via DHL with a return envelope.

Yes, that's what I did too - a very good service. Just make sure the DHL office is still there when you drop it back - mine (in Melbourne) had moved from their listed address.

I tried to get info from Vitamin Diagnostics in the US re the methylation panels (which Rich von K recommended over gene tests) - but found them pretty slack; also sending the sample to the US seemed a lot of bureaurcracy + dry ice etc.

Melbourne Pathology & other Australian labs will test for a couple of the MTHFRvariations, for maybe $50 - but 23andme provides the bigger spectrum.