• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klimas is GONE from UM !

calzy

I just received a letter today informing me that Dr. Klimas is no longer at UM and will not be seeing patients. I am screwed, and saddend. A Dr. Lauren Fine is taking her place. Anyone else get a letter?

Chris

Hi--this is news indeed! Just to indulge fantasy for a moment, I can think of two institutions that might currently be looking for a medical director--one is obviously the WPI, but the other is the promised clinic to be opening next spring in Vancouver--and Klimas has been collaborating a lot recently with Gordon Broderick at the U of Albeta--since I am hoping to get to that clinic when it opens, that would be really neat! Ah well, one can dream... Chris

eric_s

D... I really hope this will turn out to be something positive and not something negative. If she moves to an even better place with more money and more focus on ME/CFS, then it's a good thing, if not...

The way it happened does not necessarily give me a good feeling, but we will see...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
D... I really hope this will turn out to be something positive and not something negative. If she moves to an even better place with more money and more focus on ME/CFS, then it's a good thing, if not...

The way it happened does not necessarily give me a good feeling, but we will see...

She has her own private clinic...is she still seeing patients there?

Sushi

calzy

Can't say anything really - but encourage you not to worry about this. There is more news to come....:)

Easy for you to say Cort.....LOL :D Im without a Doctor! Can you at least say if I need to get out my credit card to pay privately or will I be excited with good news? :D

SOC

Easy for you to say Cort.....LOL :D Im without a Doctor! Can you at least say if I need to get out my credit card to pay privately or will I be excited with good news? :D

Can you go to her private clinic?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Klimas has also been in talks with Bond Uni in australia and they are studying her favourite subject, natural killer cells and i believe Bond have another larger research grant coming. Sorry America if she does come over here but u guys have enough cfs gurus over there, we need a few more.

cheers!!!

SOC

Klimas has also been in talks with Bond Uni in australia and they are studying her favourite subject, natural killer cells and i believe Bond have another larger research grant coming. Sorry America if she does come over here but u guys have enough cfs gurus over there, we need a few more.

cheers!!!

Argh! No! [inconsolable sobbing]

It would be great if she hooked up with Bond Uni with some major research funding, though. :D

SOC

We can share her. Im sure what research she would find would be shared for all. Im just guessing as well??

We're all just guessing at this point. :angel:

Anything that moves her research along substantially would be a big plus for all PWME, so I hope it is something of that sort.

Marg

I see Dr. Klimas in her new clinic. I think she had planned to leave UM, another, Dr Rey has been seeing her patinets there for some time with her protocol. The clinic is: Chronic Fatigue Center
8720 Kendall Drive, Suite 108
Phone 305.595.4300
www.cfsclinic.com

As Cort said, I wouldn't worry too much. I've been a Nancy patient at U of M for 15 years and she told me in August that she was negotiating with another university in South Florida which would provide her with better access and funding. I'm not going to name the university because it hasn't been announced and I have not spoken directly to her to confirm anything. I'm sure she'll be getting in contact with all of her patients and there will be an announcement shortly. I believe she's leaving U of M in early December.