• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

About to start Rx Klinghardt parasite protocol...Any input?

Hello.... I have had CFS ish type stuff since my birth (21)

Long story short, had a metametrix stool and they found a parasite of uknown taxonomy. I do have GI problems and immune issues so I suspect systemic parasites as well.

I am about to start on Klinghard'ts parasite protocol (listed below), without an MD. Besides doing the do dilligence with looking up contraindiications, precautions side effects etc... any input, advice, experience from anyone familiar or gone through the protocol would be very helpfull.

Thanks

Lamp

Biltricide (600 mg) twice daily for two days
-Ivermectin 12 mg one tablet four times per day for fourteen days (take at the same time as Pyrantel Pamoate)
-Pyrantel pamoate, 1000 mg per day at bedtime for fourteen days. Fill at Key Pharmacy
-Albenza, 200 mg (after completing fourteen days on Ivermectin and Pyrantel). Two tablets twice per day for fourteen days
-Alinia 500 mg (after completing Albenza)- Two twice per day for fourteen days
Order of treatment: Biltricide-Ivermectin-Pyrantel-Albenza-Alinia

xrunner

Hey Lamp,

this is on my to-do list. I'll probably do it in the new year, I'm still gathering notes whilst waiting for the meds.
I think that Ivermectin dosage is too high (typo?) the usual dosage 12mg a day for a normal adult.
The only thoughts I have is that at the same time, I'll probably take some liver support supps as well as some biofilm breaking stuff which I have not decided yet, though the Biltricide is supposed to help with that.

Cool. I'll keep you posted.

Actually I might put this off untill I do biofilm / general herbal parasite protocol for a month as per a version of his guidelines I just came across.

m1she11e

Cool. I'll keep you posted.

Actually I might put this off untill I do biofilm / general herbal parasite protocol for a month as per a version of his guidelines I just came across.

Any thoughts on the "best" general herbal parasite protocol?

I just got off his protocol. however, mine was different.

Start on 2 weeks after beginning mimosa pudica:
alinia 1000 mg 2 caps 2x per day 2 weeks ($173.00)
Albenza 200mg (after alinia)

antimicrobial: sporonox, mimosa pudica.

Honestly, I did things backwards because the mimosa was not available anywhere! so i started from the bottom.

Symptoms: the albenza... I had red dots all over my body but felt fine.
sporonox: finally just had to get off. He never told me if I had mold/fungus issues after testing me and would not answer (nor his staff) if it
was just protocol or i tested positive. after reading the side affects...long and short I said, No.
Alinia: This is where i felt yukky. stomach pain, (eat with food), flu like symptoms, I was happy when i stopped it.

Honestly, I did not know if I felt ill because of the medication or if I was reacting (which is a good thing i guess). Still waiting for the mimosa pudica. (he said to take it 6 month
minimum).

I unfortunately only saw him once time. still waiting for chart notes. i was so ill during the exam, i cannot even remember it.

B

xrunner

Hi Lerea,

I thought Dr K muscle tests/art all his patients and that can tell you beforehand if you have a sensitivity or intolerance to a medication or supplement or you need that.

Where have you ordered mimosa pudica from? I can't find it anywhere...

I thought as well too. He did do the ART testing but as I mentioned, he did not discuss with me his findings. I was handed over to the ND's who gave me a protocol.
Even if you are sensitive to a medication, it doesnt mean he will not put you on it. ppl still get ill on his protocol from die off,etc.
I am concerned because I am in the medical field and am the type of person (maybe we all are) that needs to know "why" I am taking this and that. I dont know
if the protocol he gave me is general for anyone or specified for me?
And when I ask, the office staff will not respond. My KPU/HPU has not been given to yet, despite the lab faxing it to them over a month ago.
My TGF-B1 was elevated. but i was still told to take the GcMaf...until i brought it to there attention via an article, saying it wasnt a good idea.

I do not like being my own doctor, nor cannot anymore. it wld be nice to have more answers and follow up. it becomes exhausting when you cannot fully trust an
MD, especially when everything is out of pocket.

the mimosa pudica is through their office or there is another lab (cheaper) , (forgot the name, u can call his office). there is a back order on it. I am still waiting after 3 months.

hope this helps. u can send me a message re: the visit. how did you find his protocol? was it just generalized on a websight?
B

xrunner

Thanks B. I've also found doctors, all of them I've seen and I lost count, leave a lot to be desired in terms of having a proper dialogue and things explained. I guess partly depends on there being very few doctors that are willing to treat in a certain way , they have too many patients and the whole process seems more like what happens on a conveyor belt in a factory... Unfortunately, I have had to take matters in my own hands and be my doctor as they seem not to really understand what benefits me or have a bias for other types of treatment that don't work in my case.
I'm not a patient of Dr K and have just been following what he says or writes etc. I have found a few of his ideas really helpful, like the Ivermectin, biofilm and muscle testing. Other things I have tried were not very helpful.
I have a kinesiologist that does something similar to ART in addition I've used a Naet practitioner to overcome sensitivities to meds and supplements. Now I don't take anything without being tested beforehand and if necessary desensitised. I plan to start his general deworming protocol in a few weeks which is something I got from a presentation off the web, so not really personalised.

Kelvin Lord

Ampligen Journalist
I had a variety of worms bugs and parasites living in tropical climates south of the border. I read the website "badbugs.com" as well as a number of resources from Australia and Spain. Most parasitologists in tropical climates and 3rd world countries know that a parasite doesn't invade without bringing friends. So I had blastocystic hominus, but on their back came pinworms and other parasites. What worked for me was Nitazoxanide (better than Alinia but not available in the USA) and way better than Flagyl; Albendezole worked better than Mebendezol for the worms. It took me MONTHS to finally clear my system- reason: the lifecycle of the cysts/eggs means what you kill this month isn't all there is...there are more hatching next month. It wasn't until I had moved to Charlotte for a year and was away from the water and fruit of South America that I FINALLY beat them. Do not think this is a 10 day deal. Trust me.

xrunner

You're right Kelvin, it takes time to get at them.
I don't understand the Nitazoxanide vs alinia bit. I thought they were the same thing...
It would be helpful if you could share what dosage of what you took and for how long ?
I've read that if your take them between the new moon and the full moon they are more effective, as that's the time they supposedly come out to have "fun", or is it just folklore?
Cheers

sianrecovery

Disappointing to hear its the same conveyor belt with Klinghart as the rest. Has anyone tried Simon Yu's protocol? Kelvin - I have blasto too, flagyl, paramomcyin etc havent touched it - how long were you actually on abx, and have you remained clear?

baccarat

It's been a few weeks since I've finished my praziquantel and stromectol rounds, couldn't manage the other two meds.
I feel better. The main thing I noticed is that the wired-tired feeling has diminished a lot. Stamina has improved and I feel much much calmer.
It wasn't all smooth however. Praziquantel made me feel very irritable and on a short fuse, I could not have carried on for longer.
The Stromectol was tougher and could only manage eight days as I got very depressed and tired. I spent the last four days in as I struggled to walk and in e end couldn't take any more.
I will repeat again and try adding the others in due course and hope for some further improvements.

hixxy

Did anyone end up completing that horrendous Klinghardt parasite protocol? Curious if anyone has actually had any success on it.

baccarat

All I can say it that it's by far the most effective treatment I ever tried and also the hardest to endure. It was really tough.
I have done three rounds of it so far. I plan to carry on until I see improvements and to make sure there's none left.
However, anyone planning to do this it's probably easier to start with lower doses at first and increase in successive rounds.

Lala

What should be the proper dose of mimosa pudica? I was unable to find it on net.

tyson oberle

What is the best way to know if you have parasites? And how do you know when you don't have anymore? Is there a special test? Metametrix's statement, "taxonomy unavailable finding likely indicates an ingested protozoan and not a human parasite. It does not indicate treatment unless patient symptoms and other inflammatory markers are consistent with parasite infection", doesn't seem very convincing to me. How do we know if the "symptoms" or "inflammatory markers" aren't from enteroviruses, leaky gut, bad bacteria, sibo, etc.