• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 314

maddietod

Dr. Enlander said he has a lab on Long Island working on a (the?) formula for maf 314, and he'll say more once they've figured out how to culture it. That's all he would say, except that he snorted derisively when he referred to people having to pay $5,000 for it. One can hope that he plans to market it less expensively.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Dr. Enlander said he has a lab on Long Island working on a (the?) formula for maf 314, and he'll say more once they've figured out how to culture it. That's all he would say, except that he snorted derisively when he referred to people having to pay $5,000 for it. One can hope that he plans to market it less expensively.

We hopes! Seems like the reseacher network might have a lot more info about how to make this than we do.

Sushi

Rita

Perhaps Dr.Enlander wants to make it industrially, but the life of the product of Ruggiero is only one week.
Dont know if Ruggiero wants also to produce it industrially, but for sure that needs a lots of licences,and many time to contact with a labs, companys, proofs,and also patents.All this takes a lot of time, almost years, and the way to make courses is more quick for patients can access to it.
Dr.Cheney has been always a very expensive doctor,he charges a lot for his visits, also for the courses to make MAF 314.But the price in Europe is 1000 euros for six months starter plus 300 euros for the course.2000 euros for one year starters.
This makes 55 euros /day only for the starters for the daily yogurt.167 euros month.Some expensive.

xrunner

Hi pieddours,

many thanks for your reply.
So you just take milk, then add colostrum and then the probiotic cultures. You just leave it for 48 hours to grow and then it's ready.

Sorry a few more questions, please bear with me...
How much milk and colostrum do you need for one batch?
How much left over approx. do you need to feed the next batch?
How long does a batch last / how frequently do you have to make one? weekly?
Do you culture at a certain temperature range, or just room temperature?
Can you use goat's milk and colostrum or does it need to be cow's?
As for the colostrum, does it matter if it has other ingredients or fillers in it?

I'd like to try something at home. I've only tried making kefir before but that was fairly straightforward.

According to Yamamoto
"In humans, deglycosylation of Gc-globulin, involving stepwise removal of -galactose and sialic acid from the trisaccharide, leaving N-acetyl-galactosamine (GalNAc), produces a potent macrophage-activating factor (Gc-MAF) (3)."

My idea is to use raw milk and I'm also trying to find raw/live colostrum wich have enzymes and are rich in immunoglobulins hoping to get some low level conversion of Gc globulins. It's pure speculation, I'm not a chemist, understand very little of it all, nothing actually, but I like to experiment.

anne_likes_red

xrunner,
Just a suggestion; you could try your local Weston Price chapter for a supplier of fresh colostrum. I know there's a good Weston Price following in the UK. And you have lotsa lovely grass fed cows :)
HTH
Anne.

xrunner

That's very helpful ukxmrv, many thanks. Based on what Dr Ruggiero says, I think we just need to work out which strains of bacteria can most effectively help the protein conversion to make a decent substitute.

Rita

Now we need to know what bacteria produce the very same enzymes ( betagalactosidase and sialidase ) used to make chemical Gc MAF.Perhaps the probiotics makers are able to tell us.
Its good to know that one daily dose of MAF 314 is equivalent to 200 weekly doses of chemical Gc MAF.

lobba123

do you think a non-cfs patient with no problems with attention and no brain fog ever. can have any problems to understand how to make maf314 and to explain this to other members of the family?or do you think two persons is better to see how to make it?

i'd like to go alone to save on travel costs.i am also quite familiar to making yogurt from starters, i remake bifidus yogurt every week

thanks

Hello,

I've been taking MAF 314 for just over three weeks now.

My impressions of it so far are cautiously optimistic. The main change I've noticed is an improvement in my sleep patterns, along with a general feeling of sleepiness that sometimes persists through the day. I regard this as a positive step as I've had a lot of trouble sleeping in the past. Now I'm getting a pretty solid 7-8 hours per night with almost no waking. In addition, when I do wake in the morning it takes me quite a while to stop feeling sleepy. Sometimes I nap in the middle of the afternoon, which I was never able to do before (due to the "tired but wired" feeling I always had).

I haven't noticed any major immune or inflammatory responses. I did have a mild sore throat the second week of taking it.

My gut function is pretty much perfect, although it wasn't too bad before starting the MAF.

In this last week, I would say I'm starting to notice a small improvement in energy levels. Over the weekend I was able to do 20-30 minutes of gardening and make dinner for several people. That almost certainly would have knocked me on my back in the past, but this time it didn't seem to cause a problem. So, as I said, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I haven't had any trouble making it although it does require careful handling to maintain hygiene. As Klimt noted, you are required to throw out and re-start one of the cultures after 8 weeks. Because you are only given three packets of starter for this compound, that puts an effective limit of about 6 months on your supply. I don't know why this 8 week limit is set - I assume that the composition of the culture must change over time or perhaps this is an upper limit before the risk of contamination is considered to get too high.

I'm disappointed that when trained how to make the MAF, you don't get any explanation of what processes are taking place. You just have to follow the recipe and trust that it is all working according to plan. I understand that Ruggerio wants to protect his intellectual property though.

If anyone has any more questions about MAF314, I'd be happy to try to answer them if you want to post here or PM me.

do you think a non-cfs patient with no problems with attention and no brain fog ever. can have any problems to understand how to make maf314 and to explain this to other members of the family?or do you think two persons is better to see how to make it?

i'd like to go alone to save on travel costs.i am also quite familiar to making yogurt from starters, i remake bifidus yogurt every week

thanks

I don't think it is that hard to make. It really is just making yoghurt with the supplied starters.

Ensuring all your equipment is clean and (relatively) sterile is probably the most work.

I went alone to the course and found I was quite bored since it took place over 3 days. I think I probably could have learned everything needed in a couple of hours.

lobba123

thank you i ll definitely go alone

I don't think it is that hard to make. It really is just making yoghurt with the supplied starters.

Ensuring all your equipment is clean and (relatively) sterile is probably the most work.

I went alone to the course and found I was quite bored since it took place over 3 days. I think I probably could have learned everything needed in a couple of hours.

Rita

I think that all can be learned to do with a book, a manual, a video,so I dont undersand the must of travel.The starters also can be mailed. Travels, hotels are very expensive.People with ME/CFS dont have energy and/or money to travel.They must be more considerate with us.If the starters remains secret, there is not problem, it cant be copied.The procedure cant continue to be secret for ever.Or the pupil must sign a clause of confidentiality?

lobba123

no it is not that easy, professor ruggiero team travels also to show to doctors because by video and manuals he said that all doctors made mistkes and the product was not maf314 in the end

I think that all can be learned to do with a book, a manual, a video,so I dont undersand the must of travel.The starters also can be mailed. Travels, hotels are very expensive.People with ME/CFS dont have energy and/or money to travel.They must be more considerate with us.If the starters remains secret, there is not problem, it cant be copied.The procedure cant continue to be secret for ever.Or the pupil must sign a clause of confidentiality?

I have just gone through a couple of presentations of Dr Ruggiero. I'm confused...He says that a specially enriched milk with Gc protein is needed to make this yoghurt. I'm assuming this milk does not come with the supplies which, from previous posts, I understand only affect the conversion to maf.
Can anyone familiar with maf314 please clarify what milk is that, who sells it and how much it costs?

citybug

I'm also interested in how much of it you have to eat a day.

If it is stronger than the chemical maf why aren't there more side effects?

Are any of the people doing the yoghurt in touch with others from their class, or other Cheney patients? Are some people having the long term set backs of the injections? Do some switch from injections to yoghurt and do better?