• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Vincent Lombardi

kurt

Aha, is this the paper you looked at Kurt? It mentions some of the stuff I think you mentioned: "a model in which XMRV may contribute to tumorigenicity via a paracrine mechanism." It's also the one I had looked at.

"In the prostate cell line, XMRV integration is characterized by a strong preference for transcription start sites, CpG islands, and DNase-hypersensitive sites, all features that are frequently associated with structurally open transcription regulatory regions of a chromosome. Integration of XMRV is also preferred in actively transcribed genes and gene-dense regions within the chromosome."

So if I understand, it has preferences for a number of *types* of sites, but it does not zoom in to any single site or handful of sites. Maybe that was what you meant, I'm not certain.

In the 2nd to last paragraph they explain the whole paracrine mechanism thing.

Yes, here is a link to the full article:

http://jvi.asm.org/cgi/content/full...&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=120&resourcetype=HWFIG

I think this is a VERY important discussion, but probably should have its own topic, not really about Dr Lombardi anymore. Maybe an XMRV research thread?

leelaplay

I think this is a VERY important discussion, but probably should have its own topic, not really about Dr Lombardi anymore. Maybe an XMRV research thread?

Hi Kurt - I agree - you could put it in the nuts and bolts section asking Cort and Aftermath to start a new thread with it. Probably indicaing what #post to start with would be helpful.

Or, I guess you could do it yourself
- click xmrv
- click new thread box (near top)
- give the thread a title and in the post put an explanation of the thread
- you could copy all the relevant past posts into it. I'm no expert at this forum, but I copy into MS Word so that I don't loose the post along the way, and then copy the whole thing into the forum post page and add any formatting there.

islandfinn:)