• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My results from nk function test, Bond uni

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
These results are from June, around this time i had my lymphocyte subset testing done which showed everything within normal range, so i have ebv and cmv under control???
My nk function testing is still poor, this really makes me think twice about coming off antivirals, if i do, i think there is a good chance that it will reactivate as nk cells are one of the main immune cells to keep these viruses depressed. Also makes me thing even more that the cause of my cfs is an immune defiency, not ebv/cmv, but treating these helps.

Nk activity 1 (0-60) dont know where they got that range but previously were 13.8-34.8. The only time i have been tested when i was on cycloferon this number was above the range at 51.91, the rest of the time it has been below range

NK bright cells .93 (.4-30) ranges again different to previous were 5-10, maybe these ranges are cfs people only?? But its the lowest i have tested so far. this test is the abnormal test they are saying is common in cfs.

NK DIM cells 79.89(20-95) again this is different to last time being 60-88?? i will email them and find out.

Ok after reading the report again, as i skim through things when i read, the ranges are the lowest recorded and the highest recorded between the cfs patients and the healthy controls, so im near the top of my class for 2 of them, pity i couldnt do this well when i was at school with test results.

I dont think Im out of the woods yet and looking at these results, i still have to be careful but i have improved with av's in symptoms and test results and experimenting with adrenal hormones is helping with energy. Im always chasing my tail when it comes to sleep. I will keep searching immune stuff as well and ready for another run of cycloferon and see if anything changes.

I have read these guys are joining forces with Dr Peterson, fingers crossed they start on some treatment trials.

cheers!!!

alex3619

Hi Heapsreal, it would be very nice if low Bright NK cells were a diagnostic biomarker. Its most probably a biomarker, but more work needs to be done to show its diagnostic. In any case its the kind of biomarker that can be used to measure treatment outcomes. The more of those we have the better, because they can be used to rule out bogus treatments that don't work. Bye, Alex

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi Heapsreal, it would be very nice if low Bright NK cells were a diagnostic biomarker. Its most probably a biomarker, but more work needs to be done to show its diagnostic. In any case its the kind of biomarker that can be used to measure treatment outcomes. The more of those we have the better, because they can be used to rule out bogus treatments that don't work. Bye, Alex
Bright NK as a marker is what there aiming for, maybe combined with outher markers it could come close to a diagnoses. I have just also heard that Bond Uni have just got another significant grant for more cfs research, they couldnt tell me if there was going to be any treatment trials. Probably refining there testing maybe. I also read that they have been doing research on cfs/me patients who are house bound so that sounds interesting too.

cheers!!!

alex3619

Hi heapsreal, I myself want to know how the various biomarkers stack up together. There are so many now. If they are all in the same patient subgroups ... each group with its different markers .. then collectively they are maybe diagnostic and can subgroup at the same time. Bye, Alex