• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what supplements should I not take on Rich's protocol?

sianrecovery

I am about to start Rich's protocol. At the minute, I am on injectable methycobalamin 0.1 daily subcutaneously, and also take NADA, SAMe, glutathione, d ribose, tyrosine, multi vitamin, multimineral transdermal spray, a B complex, and transdermal magnesium. Among other things, I wont bore you by listing the lot. Does anyone know what I need NOT to take as well as the protocol?
I tried to get Rich's video on the protocol from his link up, but it wont seem to play. I guess these are questions he addresses in this. If you read this, Rich, and can reply, you would win my undying gratitude....

richvank

I am about to start Rich's protocol. At the minute, I am on injectable methycobalamin 0.1 daily subcutaneously, and also take NADA, SAMe, glutathione, d ribose, tyrosine, multi vitamin, multimineral transdermal spray, a B complex, and transdermal magnesium. Among other things, I wont bore you by listing the lot. Does anyone know what I need NOT to take as well as the protocol?
I tried to get Rich's video on the protocol from his link up, but it wont seem to play. I guess these are questions he addresses in this. If you read this, Rich, and can reply, you would win my undying gratitude....

Hi, sianrecovery.

I don't know how many milligrams per day you are getting in the subq shots. Generally, I suggest not going above about 2 millgrams per day of sublingual B12 to start with. Subq application will get more of the dose into the blood, so going lower than this at first might be a good idea. When active folate is taken concurrently with B12, there is "more bang for the buck." I'm guessing that you mean NADH rather than NADA. I think it would be O.K. to continue that. Some people can tolerate SAMe, and others can't. It depends on whether you have a CBS polymorphism and what your molybdenum status is. The protocol will raise SAMe on its own. If you are taking oral glutathione, that should be O.K., because most of it is broken down in the gut. D ribose should be O.K. Tyrosine should be O.K. If you are planning to take the multi that is part of the protocol, you might not need the mult vitamin, multimineral transdermal spray, or the B complex. The transdermal magnesium will probably be helpful.

I'm sorry that the video wouldn't play. I just tried it again on my computer, and it came up O.K. Here's the url:

http://iaomt.media.fnf.nu/2/skovde_2011_me_kroniskt_trotthetssyndrom/$%7Bweburl%7D

The PDF slides can also be read at this site.

I wish you the best with the protocol.

Best regards,

Rich

sianrecovery

thanks Rich, really appreciate your help. Have also done the holistic health methylation panel test today, so hopefully that will also provide some insight. Will let you know how it goes