• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where can I buy Glutathione injections and is Whey Protein worth a try?

xrunner

Hi Joel,
I'm of the same opinion as endomeister regarding coconut oil.
Also consider that fats (not only sugar) help parasites grow and in my experience fungi/mold/yeast as well, despite the many fanciful anti-candida diets which are based around loads of "healthy" fats...

snowathlete

Yeah i think maybe it was a bit of both. Its hard to tell the difference - at least i find it hard - i suppose that a herx must also create inflamation as toxins in the blood are bound to do that too.
In the end though the coconut oil made me feel quite sick, so ive stopped taking it. I have other options on my list that i can take instead, so i will only consider the coconut oil again, if nothing else works.

..In the end though the coconut oil made me feel quite sick, so ive stopped taking it. I have other options on my list that i can take instead, so i will only consider the coconut oil again, if nothing else works.

This is a common reaction to coconut oil. IMO, you should have no problem raising your glutathione and controlling EBV with the suggestions given so far.

Most of the time when someone thinks they are experiencing a herx reaction from a supplement, it is in reality a toxic reaction. Especially when it come to inflammatory viral disorders. My wife who had severe chronic fatigue for years from EBV/HHV6, is now completely healed and never once experienced a herx reaction.

Follow through on the suggestions given, and you will find that you're feeling better soon, too. Good luck to you in your healing process.

This is a common reaction to coconut oil. IMO, you should have no problem raising your glutathione and controlling EBV with the suggestions given so far.

Most of the time when someone thinks they are experiencing a herx reaction from a supplement, it is in reality a toxic reaction. Especially when it come to inflammatory viral disorders. My wife who had severe chronic fatigue for years from EBV/HHV6, is now completely healed and never once experienced a herx reaction.

Follow through on the suggestions given, and you will find that you're feeling better soon, too. Good luck to you in your healing process.

Can you provide more info on how your wife got better? Or if you've already posted this info, could you point me in the direction?

Much appreciated.

Freddd

If too much glutathione is produced, as can happen with NAC, massive inflammation and all the symptoms of severe folate deficiency and MeCbl deficiency develops over days and AdoCbl over weeks, results offrom basically flushing 100% of active b12 from the body in hours causing methylblock. After ceasing the NAC one can titrate MeCbl, AdoCbl and methylfolate until the methyltrap reverses. Then suddenly no more b12 can be seen in the urine, if there is enough on your body to see. Methyltrap appears to cause 50 times or so as much b12 to be excreted in the hours following the dose as when methylation is excellent with Methylfolate. It takes about 4 mg of total b12 to be excreted to be easily visible by color change.